Elk Guide for Colorado GMU 71 - First Season Rifle

Hey everyone - I'm looking for a guide for 1st Season Rifle GMU 71, 72, 73, or 711. It seems like 71 is the most hunted (and harvested) unit on this draw.

It would be 1 hunter and 2 or 3 tag-alongs. Oct 14-18th.

I'm taking my dad and brother-in-law out for their first elk hunt and pulled first season rifle in 71. We're looking for a truck camping or backcountry guide (not a drop camp outfitter). We have all the camping, hiking, and hunting experience but we need help getting on elk and having someone in the area that is seasoned on this would be amazing.

In terms of elk hunting experience - I've been at it 3 years and have been able to get into elk during archery up near Steamboat CO., but I've never done rifle elk. Last year we had a bull at 30 yards and missed on it. This year we just got off the mountain and had a few interactions but the area was swamped with hunters and we couldn't seal the deal.

I know it's last minute but after 3 years unsuccessful on archery we want to increase our odds with a guide that can help put us on elk.

Thank you for any leads!

Poser

WKR
If you search recent threads, there was a list of outfitters that service these units as someone inquired about pack out services.

Tricky part might be finding a guide who is available for front country hunts -they may all be tied up with backcountry clients that week. At the same time, the fact that you aren’t trying to book a backcountry hunt may get you some availability on such notice.

Hope you don’t like sleep because hunting out of town like that is going to be a lot of late nights and early mornings.

OP
mia-elk-chaser
Awesome thank you I'll search around for that. And yea coming from Miami we have no time to boots-on-the-ground scouting or getting a feel for the area so it's tough. This area is going to be totally new for us and from what I'm reading online it's tough glassing country. So the plan as of now is use trails to get some depth and then find some active drainages.

We had 2 hunters basically walk into a small hunt area we clearly told them we were hunting up in 14 and they just said "great, we'll follow you in..." So we're looking to get away from hunting pressure (if possible) for this hunt. Seems like 71 has tons of pressure too, though.

Awesome thank you I'll search around for that. And yea coming from Miami we have no time to boots-on-the-ground scouting or getting a feel for the area so it's tough. This area is going to be totally new for us and from what I'm reading online it's tough glassing country. So the plan as of now is use trails to get some depth and then find some active drainages.

We had 2 hunters basically walk into a small hunt area we clearly told them we were hunting up in 14 and they just said "great, we'll follow you in..." So we're looking to get away from hunting pressure (if possible) for this hunt. Seems like 71 has tons of pressure too, though.
How did your hunt go in 71? I am looking at that unit this year.