Ethics Archery lighted nocks

entropy

FNG
Was looking at a new section on EA website, looks like they're making lighted nocks now.

Anyone tried them yet?

big44a4

WKR
Was looking at a new section on EA website, looks like they're making lighted nocks now.

Anyone tried them yet?

Halo nocks are not made by ethics but are regarded as one if not the best lighted nock out right now.

Reactions: Zac
OP
E

entropy

FNG
Aah .. so they're selling some other manufacturer's nocks? Shows what I know about lighted nocks...

I have not used either but most have said this halo nock is outstanding (personal friends who kill a lot and Tim Gillingham/Snyder have tested it). I use AAE IP nocks for everything.

The firenock uses easton nocks, so a decent nock anyways, and easy to have same nocks for practice.

Knowing what heads Gillingham recommends, I'm skeptical of some of what he says.

big44a4

WKR
The firenock uses easton nocks, so a decent nock anyways, and easy to have same nocks for practice.

Knowing what heads Gillingham recommends, I'm skeptical of some of what he says.

Agreed on the thorn. However he’s one of the GOATs in archery. That guy can shoot so I’ll listen when he’s talking arrow flight and accuracy. Also a guy who will help anyone who asks any questions.

In general I’m not a fan of Easton nocks. Work for hunting standard X nock, but I like the change I made a couple years back.

Agreed on the thorn. However he’s one of the GOATs in archery. That guy can shoot so I’ll listen when he’s talking arrow flight and accuracy. Also a guy who will help anyone who asks any questions.

In general I’m not a fan of Easton nocks. Work for hunting standard X nock, but I like the change I made a couple years back.
The problem is, we never know who’s being paid what to endorse a product, I would never buy something based on his endorsement, or Snyder’s… the water is too muddy

I agree. I'm no fan of Easton nocks personally, and I listen to what TG says, just don't always agree 100%. But I do think his advice generally comes from a point of experience not theory.

Just his experience with 33" DL (drawing bows all the way back) and long arrows might not always be the same thing if applied to shorter DL's and arrows. Much like he is fine using a broadhead that has a blunt point, won't work too well for the guys that don't have all that extra powerstroke behind their arrow, and he likes them because of their flight characteristics, not on game performance. Not a well balanced hunting shaft in my opinion.

big44a4

WKR
The problem is, we never know who’s being paid what to endorse a product, I would never buy something based on his endorsement, or Snyder’s… the water is too muddy

Agree on following the money. There’s less money in archery than people think. Most will do it for free product alone. That’s why I mentioned I have friends who are killers that use them. I’d have to ask for a count but the guys I personally know typically kill 50+ animals a year with a bow with them (we are in Texas so they hunt year round). That’s more real world data than I could contribute.

Reactions: Zac

big44a4

WKR
I agree. I'm no fan of Easton nocks personally, and I listen to what TG says, just don't always agree 100%. But I do think his advice generally comes from a point of experience not theory.

Just his experience with 33" DL (drawing bows all the way back) and long arrows might not always be the same thing if applied to shorter DL's and arrows. Much like he is fine using a broadhead that has a blunt point, won't work too well for the guys that don't have all that extra powerstroke behind their arrow, and he likes them because of their flight characteristics, not on game performance. Not a well balanced hunting shaft in my opinion.

For sure an extreme outlier on DL and arrow length. That happens when you’re 6’6” or however tall he is.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the halo nocks in .204 and broke over 3 of the 6 just shooting my bow into a target. They did replace them I’m also shooting 80 pounds but they said that should not matter. I’ve put a couple others through deer and they were fine they didn’t break going through or sticking into the ground afterwards…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk