European Fella looking for Seasonal Work at Outfitter BC/Yukon Canada

Alpster

FNG
Hi people across the pond, I’ve been an avid reader of Rokslide for some time now, great site, great content – keep it up!

I am reaching out since I’m looking to work/help out at a hunting outfitter for the coming season up in BC/Yukon (Canada makes it much easier for Euros to work than the US). I understand Rokslide is more diy but while I reach out individually it is worth posting here too.

I’m getting into my mid-20s, been in the UK the past years but grew up in the mountains of Switzerland. I’ve hunted the last two years over here but would genuinely be interested how you guys hunt on the other side (and spend a season in nature before I sit down for a 9-5 ofc). Europe is somewhat more ‘traditional’ with lots of driven hunts, static ambush hunting - and some stalking in the mountains (i.e. Ibex, Chamois).

As I understand, realistically I’d do something like wrangler/camp work rather than assisting (– tell me otherwise?). Grew up in the mountains with loads of outdoor life, backpacking and time up in Scandinavia so I love nature and that shouldn’t be a problem. For horses, I can tell one reasonably well where to go when I’m on it, did some riding as a kid + when on travels, but certainly no expert. I’m robust and easy to work with, always happy to pick up new things on the way. Got a hunting license + necessary exam for here, CFSC/PAL equivalent, a driver’s license of course, speak French and native German, if that’s of any use.

I’ll supply my own gear and would be looking to spend the season from early September through to about November. Drop me a line if you can use a hand in that time or know someone who could - and would be happy to have a European fella around.

I’d love to stay member on here (if I can) and add to the community from my side - so hi everyone! Keep up the good work, thanks for the forum and don’t stop going outdoors!

Best,

Alpster