Ever post while drinking?

Maverick1

WKR
Thread title kind of says it all:

Have you ever posted online while drinking?

Or seen other’s posts where perhaps they have?

Me? Drinking, absolutely. But I'm not a heavy drinker. Rarely very drunk.

Others? Hammered drunk posting nonsense that they'll regret and delete in the morning? Yep! I know a few people who are known for it.

TaperPin

WKR
I can totally tell when some posters are having a bad day, drunk, high, and even a little insecure or depressed. It’s human nature to not think anyone can tell. Lol

With clients, I used to keep a monthly calendar for notes on their mood. Simply a + - or / for a positive, negative or neutral. Men and women are affected by cycles of various types - monthly or weekly work deadlines, bills, spouses, children, sleep disorders, etc. A “d” ment they were probably drinking, and “h” ment they sounded or looked high. After 6 months I could guess what day someone gets paid on, when the mortgage was due and when someone was having a period and if they are happy before/after and how long it lasted. If they were a day drinker I could tell when they started - people are creatures of habit.

One guy I couldn’t figure out - his ups and downs didn’t seem to match a pattern - so I made it a point to chat with him a little extra to figure it out. Turned out he has undiagnosed sleep apnea and some nights doesn’t get good sleep. I told him it made a world of difference to a friend - my curiosity may help him sleep better now. Lol

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
I can totally tell when some posters are having a bad day, drunk, high, and even a little insecure or depressed. It’s human nature to not think anyone can tell. Lol

With clients, I used to keep a monthly calendar for notes on their mood. Simply a + - or / for a positive, negative or neutral. Men and women are affected by cycles of various types - monthly or weekly work deadlines, bills, spouses, children, sleep disorders, etc. A “d” ment they were probably drinking, and “h” ment they sounded or looked high. After 6 months I could guess what day someone gets paid on, when the mortgage was due and when someone was having a period and if they are happy before/after and how long it lasted. If they were a day drinker I could tell when they started - people are creatures of habit.

One guy I couldn’t figure out - his ups and downs didn’t seem to match a pattern - so I made it a point to chat with him a little extra to figure it out. Turned out he has undiagnosed sleep apnea and some nights doesn’t get good sleep. I told him it made a world of difference to a friend - my curiosity may help him sleep better now. Lol
That is actually interesting.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve seen a few admit to it. Pretty sure the type of drinking personality you have shows up in text form, the funny drunk, angry drunk, trouble maker, incoherent etc.

7mm-08

WKR
Doing so is actually an exercise of poor judgment. Internet posts (on any and all forums) are like bullets - once the leave the gun, they're gone. And, they live on FOREVER.

IDVortex

WKR
Doing so is actually an exercise of poor judgment. Internet posts (on any and all forums) are like bullets - once the leave the gun, they're gone. And, they live on FOREVER.
I agree, actually more dangerous then words being told to someone in person in my opinion aswell.

I was going to ask how you accounted for sleep! Lol