Every Day Carry- Flashlight Edition

Grumman

WKR
I searched but didn’t see a recent thread on flashlights. I’d like to get one but am having analysis paralysis. I’m overwhelmed with the selection that’s on the market now. The Surefire Stiletto looks interesting. I’m open to pocket or belt holster carry but leaning toward pocket. What do you all used and recommend? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

WKR
Have several, Fenix, Inova and Asp. All are rechargeable and between 400-1000 mum.

I’m happy with all of them

I developed a preference for rechargeable after being a loyal surefire guy for years and years. I have a stiletto. It’s Meh IMO. I bought and now carry a stream light wedge. 300 Lumens regular and burst to 1000. After adding a few more stream lights to the stable, I think they are just as good as surefire for less $$$.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of my favorites and always on my key chain:

Streamlight MicroStream Ultra-compact Aluminum body with AAA alkaline battery, 3.5 Inch - 1.04 oz - 45 Lumens - 66318, Black https://a.co/d/4rf6MLY

I have a couple of these as well. Compact, lightweight and enough light output for everyday duties. I like that it has a push button momentary switch on the bottom. So many flashlights don't have this feature, nice to have it on daily carry light.

For hunting it's headlamps only though.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I developed a preference for rechargeable after being a loyal surefire guy for years and years. I have a stiletto. It’s Meh IMO. I bought and now carry a stream light wedge. 300 Lumens regular and burst to 1000. After adding a few more stream lights to the stable, I think they are just as good as surefire for less $$$.
Spot on!

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
Hadn’t seen the Wedge model. Looks like I could get three of those for the price of one Stiletto Pro. I appreciate everyone’s responses so far.

Dukejb

FNG
My favorite is the Olight i5t. It takes one AA battery and is very comfortable to carry. The i3t takes AAA, and is a good light as well. I carried the small Streamlight for years, but much prefer the Olight.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
I have been thru piles of surefires, olights, fenix and have finally settled on a streamlight protac. Matter of fact i just ordered another one because I’m pretty sure my 3yr old has my old one hid and i use it every day. I chose to stick with this on on the simple fact it runs off cr123’s AA or AAA so i always usually have a battery handy. I love surefire but they fall short in the edc category to me

robtattoo

WKR
Whatever this is. I bought a twin pack on Amazon for about $24, I think. NiteEyz or some such. It's got 3 brightness settings & the brightest casts a beam well enough that I can easily see stuff at 100yds. 1 AAA battery lasts for months & I use it for a minute or two every day. It's been in my pocket going on 6 years now, I reckon.
20220823_064236.jpg

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It really depends on what you need it for.

What's in my pockets right now.

20220823_040229.jpg

Four Sevens copper Preon P2 MKIII. Only carry it at work (copper is antimicrobial).

Prometheus Beta QRV2, almost always in my pocket.

Malkoff Devices MDC Bodyguard, also almost always in my pocket.

This is how I carry the Beta. 20220823_040755.jpg

And the Bodyguard 20220823_040844.jpg

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
Thank you Marbles your setup is pretty slick. Hadn’t seen one of those key holders like that. I’ll add that to my “need” list. I hate packing a big keychain.

I usually carry a Streamlight Microstream USB rechargeable. The pocket clip is two directional, clips to a ball cap for hands free use. Maybe $30. Or I have a Surefire G2XLE about $60.

Amending my post, if Streamlight is listening, I would like a 5-20 lumen setting. Although I like my wedge, 300 is a stupid amount of light for a lot of things (reading a book, etc.). If they had a 10 lumen reading / battery conservation setting for the wedge it would be perfect.