Evolution Ibex release

Anyone get their hands on the new evolution outdoors ibex release? I would like to hear more about how it works and performs.

I have looked into them….. will be interested in a year or so when they work the kinks out of it. I think the looks of the finished product look very clean. Those prototypes were horrible looking. $300 it’s tough to swallow on something that doesn’t even have a video on YouTube with someone using it other than the owner….. I will try one at some point. But not yet.

AkRyan

WKR
How in the world do they justify that price? And it's purpose is to eliminate a bad shooting form by teaching you its ok to have bad form......I don't get it.

satchamo

WKR
Ordered one this morning so time will tell. Price is def crazy but a hinge I can hook and leave on my loop is a huge deal for me.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
How in the world do they justify that price? And it's purpose is to eliminate a bad shooting form by teaching you its ok to have bad form......I don't get it.
Can you explain the bad form thing? Not being rude just interested in their claims.

I would likely have ordered one but they only ship to the USA and Canada. I asked them on Instagram if they were going to have a distributor in Australia and they said they don't have one organised yet but that may change after the ATA show.

AkRyan

WKR
Can you explain the bad form thing? Not being rude just interested in their claims.
They made the relese pivot in your hand and not the head because in there research only 10% of people shoot with a proper pull through technique. So instead of 90% of people learning g how to shoot correctly with a hinge you can now do it the wrong way with this release. It's a bandaid for poor form and imo most people shooting a hinge shouldn't be anyway.

Reactions: Zac

satchamo

WKR
They made the relese pivot in your hand and not the head because in there research only 10% of people shoot with a proper pull through technique. So instead of 90% of people learning g how to shoot correctly with a hinge you can now do it the wrong way with this release. It's a bandaid for poor form and imo most people shooting a hinge shouldn't be anyway.

The idea of a hinge is to get a surprise shot. Pulling thru vs relaxing hand and letting the release rotate makes no difference. Why do you think that this is “poor form”?

AkRyan

WKR
The idea of a hinge is to get a surprise shot. Pulling thru vs relaxing hand and letting the release rotate makes no difference. Why do you think that this is “poor form”?
What I'm saying is there entire point of making the release doesn't make sense. They say 90% of us shoot hinge style release wrong. Not my words there's

I get what is being discussed but I don't know whether it's something to be concerned about. If you're achieving a surprise release and you're maintaining tension, the shot should be decent. Some people relax fingers and others pull through differently. I don't know if it will feel much different to shoot as the handle of any hinge is what's going to move in your hand, regardless of whether it's an Ibex or something with a pivoting head.

I doubt I'll be able to try one anytime soon anyway. Still with my Scott Ascents for now and maybe try a few buttons.

satchamo

WKR
What I'm saying is there entire point of making the release doesn't make sense. They say 90% of us shoot hinge style release wrong. Not my words there's

I can see where that’s confusing messaging.

Honestly they pulled me in with the ability to lock it on your Dloop. No hinge on the market does that and it’s huge for me as primarily a whitetail guy.

AkRyan

WKR
I can see where that’s confusing messaging.

Honestly they pulled me in with the ability to lock it on your Dloop. No hinge on the market does that and it’s huge for me as primarily a whitetail guy.
I see that as a minus personally but that's just my opinion. I hunt whitetail also and use a Carter wise choice that can lock on but if you bump it when your grabbing your bow it's gone! U just keep it in my pocket with a warmer and I honestly play with it to pass time. Ok that sounded wrong

digdeep

FNG
I ordered one, I'll keep this thread updated. The only thing that concerns me about it is how the release can fire while drawing the bow, depending on how you draw. Since the head pivot initiates the release to fire, you have to draw fairly flat

Ledfordjl

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one, I'll keep this thread updated. The only thing that concerns me about it is how the release can fire while drawing the bow, depending on how you draw. Since the head pivot initiates the release to fire, you have to draw fairly flat
Thoughts on the release after some use?

Annoying to read that it has happened with this release, as the moons/sears moving on other hinges I have is one of the reasons I would consider getting an Ibex.