Exo Mountain Gear frame + Hill People Gear Highlander Table Top/carpet Review

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Disclaimer: This is just to show it off and another great alternative if you would like something smaller on your Exo Frame. also this works on the Kifaru Duplex frame

Just got my HPG Highlander bag tonight. Ive owned one in the past and loved it and regretted getting rid of it. So snagged a new one from Hill brothers.

158$ Shipped

The color match with the Exo Coyote Brown and HPG Highlander in Coyote Brown are a perfect material match. Highlander is made as a compression panel but also holds around 2000 ci of gear. Its a really nice bag made from 500d cordura. Really slim and comfortable as a pack by itself if you snag the HPG Shoulder harness also. It has a Sleeve down the back of the bag that doubles as a water bladder pouch or you can shove a gun stock down in it.

Comes with 3 compression straps to secure your load, or you can use these straps to integrate them to any pack frame. The Highlander fits the Exo Frame like a glove. Attaches with Grimlocks at the top to the load lifter connection and on the bottom it connects with Ghooks to the buckles at the bottom of the frame. From there you use the included straps to hug the exo frame.

From HPG Site.

The Highlander serves dual duty as a compression panel using compression straps or a backpack in its own right using the optional HPG shoulder harness. At a height of 22", the backpack option is mostly for taller folks where the Highlander functions as a "Tarahumara Grande".

As a compression panel, it is big enough to hold all of the gear you need throughout the day while keeping your camp or load of meat securely stowed underneath.

Side tabs on PALS spacing, bartacked into the seam
Grab loop on top
Tab loops top and bottom
ITW G-Hooks on bottom tabs
ITW Grimlocs on top tabs
Dual internal daisy chains on PALS spacing for gear organization.
Dual zipper pulls
(3) removable compression straps that can be positioned on any of the side tabs using G-hooks
Bottom paracord with cordlock for compression or lashing something on
Slot pocket behind back panel. Ideal for stowing rifle during the pack out.

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Also you can still get to the Zipper in the Exo Frame to add more stuff if you so desire.

Here it is attached to the back of the Exo 3500 bag.

I dont think Id use it like this but if its just jackets and light stuff it wouldnt be to bad attached to the back of the Exo 3500 or 5500 bag. It fits here perfectly also and lots of ways to connect it.

Here is the HPG Load Sling (sold seperatly) but this connects to the bottom of the Highlander with Ghooks and also connects to the frame to really give you a ton of carry room between Frame and bag.

HPG Highlander also has Molle on the interior if you want to add some pockets inside. I have used the Kifaru Mini Longs in here and they work perfect.

Here is how I attached it to the Exo Frame with the compression straps

SHTF I think you just found a solution to the EXO lid rubbing on the snow collar and making noise! Thanks

Evergreen

WKR
Thanks! I will need to do this once my pack arrives so I have the option of a small day pack.

Awesome pictures and review. HPG makes incredible gear. I plan on using a tarahumara with my Exo 3500 when needed.