Exodus erratic flight

kloppy

FNG
longtime whitetail hunter, taking archery seriously for the first time due to elk trip next month and therefore switched to fixed blades. Based on reviews, decided to try exodus and buzzcuts first. Buzzcuts are flying well, exodus not so much. Like ridiculously erratic. I guess my concern is whether there is something bigger at issue. I tend to rabbit hole, so if I just need to shut up and quit overthinking things, please tell me lol. For reference, Im shooting helix ultra, 65 lbs, 29 inch draw, 27.5 inch arrows, 300 spine gold tip hunter xt with 50 grain insert and 125 heads. Thanks guys.

I have had really good flight from the Exodus heads. Is the broadhead inside your riser at full draw? They can be close to contacting the riser on some bows. Might be they are hitting an arrow holder or something on the riser.

Might help if you defined erratic. Like do they hit where they should some times, then go in a different direction sometimes? Or do they seem to fly funny but impact correctly?

Zac

WKR
I had a tough time with the Full Blade as well. I ended up changing my fletching which really helped at 40 yards. After that it was really hard to tell what that head was doing. I've heard the Swept blades are more forgiving. I was able to shoot a micro Hades 3 blade on a bare shaft and hit the same hole as my fletched shaft out of the same setup. I think the Exodus is a difficult head due to all the blade surface.

I could not get the exodus to fly right. My bow has some tuning issues though, and shooting around 290fps so not very forgiving.

After chasing my tail I realized a few of the ferrules were bent. 1 out of 3 in each package. I did not send them back because I was also shooting them into my blob target which is pretty stout, and figured I could have done the damage myself. I’ve since moved on to sevrs.

OP
K

kloppy

FNG
@Zac same deal - each shot past 40 yards is sketchy with those things.

They seem to impact alright but I’m using lighted nocks and there is some serious corkscrewing with the exodus, none with the buzzcuts.

Each arrow I’ve spin tested/etc. Heard nothing but great things about exodus, maybe it’s just not the best for my setup. Being one month away from the season I ought to just stick with what’s working. Thanks for the responses.

Zac

WKR
Man I'd check out the GR Micro Hades unless you want to fork for something like Iron Wills. I think that is probably the most forgiving fixed blade in the stanard budget category. I would have said same thing about Slick Trick but their quality control is really lacking since being sold to China. If I was going that route I'd just order Tooth of the Arrow.

At this point go with the buzzcuts if they are flying well. Go down the rabbit hole after season if you want to see why the exodus isn’t flying well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the exodus full blade last year and really like the design but they just didn’t fly as well and group as tight as shuttle Ts and ATAC from before the sellout, wac em3 blade, sevr/ulmer and now kudu contour plus. Same thing for Iron Will. I moved on from those two and determined they are good heads but with my setup they didn’t fly as well as others. I shoot gold tip pro 300s at 27” with 40 gr at the back of standard insert and 100 grain heads with max stealth vanes hard helical at 280 fps.

Wellsdw

WKR
I have a similar setup, only difference is 70lb, 28” arrow 29.5 draw. 100gr head 50gr insert. It recently test drove 6 heads @ 60 yards. Full exodus, Stryker v2, and black hornets all shot together with fp’s @ the bow shop. I’d agree with others on form, or contact that could be magnified by exodus vs something else