Exofficio alternative?

robtattoo

WKR
I've been wearing Exofficio Give-n-Go boxer briefs for years. Absolutely love the things! However, I'm looking for other undie options.

It seems like there's been a bit of a sizing change......XLs are now uncomfortably tight in the waistband (while still fitting like a warm hug everywhere else) XXLs are loose in the waist & flop around like a loose sail around me bum & berries. I'm trying to find something with similar fabric properties to the Exos (anti microbial, thin & lightweight, quick drying etc...)

Definitely don't want to go back to a cotton crotch swamp.

Last edited:

SDHNTR

WKR
Really? I just bought a few pair of exOfficios a few weeks ago off AMZN and they fit like always. I will cry if this is the new normal.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing Duluth buck naked and Armachillo. Both dry quickly but edge goes to Armachillo for quickest drying

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Really? I just bought a few pair of exOfficios a few weeks ago off AMZN and they fit like always. I will cry if this is the new normal.
I think they changed, when they went from the Originals to the Give-n-go 2.0.

That sounds way more like a joke than it is....

I didn't realize how important a fly was until I bought some XOSkin boxer briefs with no fly. Fly is a must for me! I also didn't notice a huge change in size from the old Exofficio to the 2.0. Might have just readjusted the XL's?

ruralsoup

FNG
Seconded Saxx Quest but use Saxx Volt instead. They are very similar but the Volt is made from polyester mesh and doesn't have a fly where the Quest is made from nylon mesh and does have a fly.

mgmicky

FNG
I have some OR that are lighter and dry even faster than the EXO —they are a couple of years old and I forget what they are called. Overall, I still prefer the EXO and haven’t noticed any changes in the fit or style of them. Places like Sierra and Backcountry often have them on sale

I buy some from Target. I can't stomach the Ex Officio prices anymore.... https://www.target.com/p/men-s-jers...n/-/A-81868228?preselect=81627698#lnk=sametab

Fair warning, the above DO NOT have a weiner hole, but it doesn't really bother me.
I was a late adopter of utilizing the wanker hole, but it’s a game changer 😂
Got your pack on and hip belt cinched, no problem, unzip, right off the trail.
Don’t want to fight your pants from falling down because of your holster or conceal carry? No issues, unzip and go.