Exofficio alternative?

Hondo

WKR
Outdoor Research Echo boxers have replaced most of my Exofficio and Duluth boxers.

Saxx long quest for me picked up a pair on sale and really wish I bought more hands down my favorite I’ve used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been extremely disappointed with my ExOfficios. I'm getting failed seams and thread pulls on some pairs after only 3 or 4 wears. No exaggeration. Timely thread.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
I've been extremely disappointed with my ExOfficios. I'm getting failed seams and thread pulls on some pairs after only 3 or 4 wears. No exaggeration. Timely thread.
Hell, I'm 8 YEARS into my first couple of pairs & i literally haven't worn anything else since I bought them! To be fair, they've seen their last now, hence the repurchase (you wouldn't want to see me bent over in a short skirt, wearing my originals)

I'm kinda loathe to spend upwards of $20 a pair for sight-unseen britches, is half my problem. I do like the look of the OR Echos & especially the Armachillos, I'll admit, but i found these on Amazon & for the price, i think I'm going to give them a punt. I imagine they'll be a lot like the Mothwings I used to wear (I really wish they still made those) & i don't think they'll go near a decade, but it's hard to knock the price.....

Natural Feelings Mens Underwear Coolzone Boxer Briefs for Men Pack Stretch Performance Quick Dry Sports Underwear https://a.co/d/2KVxQJB

My vote goes for the Duluth Armachillo.

I bought one pair of the buck naked, Armachillo, and free range cotton all in a boxer brief in 2016 because I got tired of cheap undies giving me swamp ass and riding up.
The armachillo have the upper hand on the bucknaked, like someone else mentioned they dry just a bit quicker and I think they fit and feel better. Recently went on a 12 day trip with five pairs of armachillos, they can be worn two days if not super active and just driving and wash easily in the sink and dry overnight.

I still have the original pairs of bucknaked and armachillo. It's hard to tell the new ones from the originals

Last edited:
OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Update:
So, my budget britches showed up yesterday & I've been wearing them all today. Typical workday, a little office stuff, cleaning out dog kennels, a bit of outdoor work with the horses, usual stuff. Oh, and we have a current 'real feel' temp of 108° (92 actual, plus three digit humidity)

Zero swamp-ass, no bunching or ride up, zero knacker chafe.

DEFINITELY worth the buy.

TheCougar

WKR
Update:
So, my budget britches showed up yesterday & I've been wearing them all today. Typical workday, a little office stuff, cleaning out dog kennels, a bit of outdoor work with the horses, usual stuff. Oh, and we have a current 'real feel' temp of 108° (92 actual, plus three digit humidity)

Zero swamp-ass, no bunching or ride up, zero knacker chafe.

DEFINITELY worth the buy.
This is going to get flamed, and rightly so, but how do they smell? That’s one thing I really value about the Exofficio. They dry quick and don’t reek. I love out of a suitcase and I don’t want stinky britches funk all over my clean clothes.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
After 1 day, no smell. I reckon 2 pair will do me a week, easy.
I need to try giving them a sink wash next & see how quickly they air dry.

I love my Exos as much for the lack of stink as anything. I've gone 6 days in one pair before now on a Colorado hunt.

TheCougar

WKR
After 1 day, no smell. I reckon 2 pair will do me a week, easy.
I need to try giving them a sink wash next & see how quickly they air dry.

I love my Exos as much for the lack of stink as anything. I've gone 6 days in one pair before now on a Colorado hunt.
Me too. I’m watching this thread to see how it ends.

Zdub02

WKR
@robtattoo how compressive are those shorts? Looser like a traditional boxer brief or more along the lines of compression shorts?

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
@robtattoo how compressive are those shorts? Looser like a traditional boxer brief or more along the lines of compression shorts?

They're tighter, similar fit to Exos.

There's also no crotch seam to chafe & a good bit of a....ummm....'vanity' room in the front.

Hang on.......

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
.....well, I wish I could say they this was a first. Posting pictures of me undies for the world and it's mother to see.....
I'M NOT IN THEM FOR THE PHOTOS, ya pervs.......
20230630_094519.jpg
20230630_094530.jpg
20230630_094554.jpg

The fabric is a 93% poly / 7% 'Elastane' (I'm guessing spandex) blend. Very lightweight, stretchy & silky-smooth.
I'm not imagining much longevity, but they're VERY comfortable. The XXL, at least, fit true to size. 40-42" waist.

.....well, I wish I could say they this was a first. Posting pictures of me undies for the world and it's mother to see.....
I'M NOT IN THEM FOR THE PHOTOS, ya pervs.......
View attachment 570822
View attachment 570823
View attachment 570824

The fabric is a 93% poly / 7% 'Elastane' (I'm guessing spandex) blend. Very lightweight, stretchy & silky-smooth.
I'm not imagining much longevity, but they're VERY comfortable. The XXL, at least, fit true to size. 40-42" waist.
Try some bamboo man. Going 5 years now on my first pairs with zero issues.

TheCougar

WKR
I tried the Buck Naked boxer briefs. The material seems to be identical to the Exofficio. They get a thumbs up from me…