Experience with 2011-2015 Ram 1500

Check out ecodiesel, if you can get a good deal on one. I have three friends with them that love them, and I also had a 2015 Grand Cherokee w/ an ecodiesel that my wife drove. It was one of the best vehicles we ever owned, and wouldn't have gotten rid of it if it weren't for needing a bigger car. They get 24+ mpg and run like a scalded ape. I know guys have problems with them getting hot pulling, but I also think if you keep in mind that its still a 1/2 ton truck and not a peterbuilt, you will be fine. I really like those trucks, I also wouldn't rule out an F-150 ecoboost, if you're not opposed to Ford..

Thanks for the input guys! Still on the fence about keeping the old dodge or picking something else up. I’ve replaced a lot of warn out parts on the 99 so at some point most everything should be “new”. Pretty sure continuing part replacement will be cheaper than $20k, but who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own a 2014 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 and 6 speed. No regrets other than wishing it had the 8 speed auto, I have the 6. Been a good truck. So far 75,000 miles trouble free.

I have a 2012 1500 Bighorn with the 5.7 - 6spd auto. Just over 100K on the clock. Had a shift solenoid issue at about 75K and have recently developed an exhaust leak due to the rear exhaust manifold bolts breaking which seems to be a known issue on the 5.7. Otherwise the truck is great. I tow a trailer with a 550 gallon water tank up hills on dirt/mud/snowy roads every couple of weeks with no issues. I generally get 16 to 17 mpg during normal driving and can get 20 during highway/interstate drives, 13 to 14 towing

I would only add to get the 8 speed transmission for sure! Smooth and much more efficient for my style of driving.

Back