Extremely sharp

Yoder

WKR
How about a helmet? Last night my wife dropped a crossbow bolt from about 15 ft and hit me in the head. I'm a little disappointed at the penetration. For a small cut, I couldn't believe how bad it was bleeding. I used my shirt as compress to stop the bleeding and it was almost completely saturated. Made me think about bringing a first aid kit with a tourniquet. I'm never that remote but you don't need to be to bleed to death I guess.

IMG_3518.jpg

Ucsdryder

WKR
How about a helmet? Last night my wife dropped a crossbow bolt from about 15 ft and hit me in the head. I'm a little disappointed at the penetration. For a small cut, I couldn't believe how bad it was bleeding. I used my shirt as compress to stop the bleeding and it was almost completely saturated. Made me think about bringing a first aid kit with a tourniquet. I'm never that remote but you don't need to be to bleed to death I guess.

View attachment 608647
Damn! Keep a tourniquet away from your wife. After what she did she might have tried to stop the bleeding by wrapping it around your neck!

That’s a pretty good gash! Head wounds bleed a lot. It’s worse when you don’t have any hair so I wear a hat constantly. A hat doesn’t protect you from falling green pine cones though! 🤣

Drenalin

WKR

View attachment 608647
A tourniquet would make that situation worse.

I carry horse clotting powder called wonder dust. That would have worked well on that head wound….

FYI it burns like a mf…..bite down on a stick and shake it on….

We require A4 cut resistant gloves at work so I have thought about grabbing a pair. Has anyone ever actually run one of these blades down a cut resistant glove to see how it holds up? Maybe I will test it out this week while I have this bandage on to remind me.
I believe my gloves are the same rating, and I always use them while quartering.

They will save your ass with a havalon. I’ve had a slip and the glove completely stopped it. I later tried a harder swipe when the glove was off, and it works.

Pdzoller

WKR
Been using cut resistant gloves for years. It won’t completely stop a bad mistake or stabbing wounds but I feel the extra protection is well worth it. I keep a pair in my kill kit, pickup and camp trailer. I honestly feel like not using them is akin to skipping out on safety glasses while using a weed eater.

Ancestors of Humans and humans been using this simple cutting tool for 2.5 million years. Leave to us to complicate it. And yes I own several changable blade knives. I had to see what they were all about.…

Nwihunter

FNG
I definitely have a love hate relationship with my havalon. While I have yet to cut myself while installing or removing blades, I have nicked myself damn near every time I’ve broke down an animal with it. Last year i went with the cut resistant glove on a pack in elk trip I was on. Had to call for an early pack out a couple years back when my partner slipped with his and filleted the top of his finger. He didn’t have his knife out for more than 2 minutes when it happened. That was the first year I brought blood clot powder and it was very helpful.

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, cut a tendon in my finger while cutting up a mule deer in wyoming a couple years back
58f4c6743f5fde596a6707e4d4e6908a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk