Fabric on rest

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all

I have a Mathew’s bow with a drop away rest. It has a 3 piece fabric or foam pad to quiet your arrow I guess when you draw it back. I have worn out the bottom piece of the stuff. Is there something generic that people are using on their rest? Maybe from a hardware store or something?

Thanks for the help

I use black athletic tape (I think people that live north of louisiana call it hockey tape) on my whale tails and the soft sided adhesive velcro to line the shelf. The athletic tape lasts a while, and is an easy replacement. Its also easy to find and the thickness is relatively the same no matter what brand you buy.

I believe QAD and Hamskea sell the felt made for it, but for me its just easier to use the athletic tape.

If you use someting thinner/thicker than what was there, you may have to bump your rest up or down to compensate.

fatlander

WKR
I’ve found that just shooting off the whale tail or launcher arm is quieter and more consistent over time. Any material you put on there is going to wear out, may have adhesive seep through, and is louder than the launcher arm once it gets some dirt in it.

I’ve probably killed close to 50 animals with my hamskea, nothing on the launcher arm and pretty close to that many with a Qad with nothing on launcher arm. It’s a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
I just use leukotape. Sticks well, lasts forever. It’s not quite as quiet but it works.

Jmoore

FNG
If we’re talking about the same thing I wasn’t crazy about the padding my rest came with so I didn’t use it and just went with the old trusty moleskin.

OP
J

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Here in Canada that is forsure called hockey tape. I will try that I have lots in my hockey bag!!

TheTone

WKR
I used medical tape on lots of drop aways.

There are lots of options for different materials

Marble

WKR
Hey all

I have a Mathew’s bow with a drop away rest. It has a 3 piece fabric or foam pad to quiet your arrow I guess when you draw it back. I have worn out the bottom piece of the stuff. Is there something generic that people are using on their rest? Maybe from a hardware store or something?

Thanks for the help
Mole skin has worked the best for me.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I use black athletic tape (I think people that live north of louisiana call it hockey tape) on my whale tails and the soft sided adhesive velcro to line the shelf. The athletic tape lasts a while, and is an easy replacement. Its also easy to find and the thickness is relatively the same no matter what brand you buy.

I believe QAD and Hamskea sell the felt made for it, but for me its just easier to use the athletic tape.

If you use someting thinner/thicker than what was there, you may have to bump your rest up or down to compensate.
This 100%. Hockey tape is perfect and cheaper than buying the pre cut stuff the companies sell. Plus you can choose your color instead of the ugly beige crap that turns black after shooting your bow for 5 min.

My son had some KT tape in his gym bag. 1 strip will last a loooong time. It's thin and quieter than the factory stuff too.

OP
J

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for your help. Hockey tape it will be