Fabric Paint/Dye Options

BigDog00

WKR
I've got an older FHF gear bino harness that I'm thinking about trying to paint/dye. It's one of the first fusion harnesses and it has almost a purple tint to it. I've been looking at some options like spray paint, some clothing dyes, and other fabric paints. What would work best for 500d? I've heard spray paint works pretty well on clothing but I don't want it rubbing off if I can avoid it. I've swapped over to mostly sitka camo and thinking of trying to match it as best as possible.

If you're looking tint with a solid color, the Rit dyes should do the trick. I've never tried it, but you might even be able to 'paint' it on in specific areas too keep the camo pattern. Not sure how much it would bleed though.

jayjay

FNG
I’ve done a lot of fabric dying. I’ve dyed Army UCP gear using apple green Rit dye and British desert camo using dark brown. You have to be careful with some of the dyes though. Rit Dark green has a lot of blue pigment in it and it turns some camo bluish. Spray painting is easier to me and I haven’t had much rubbing off on fabric.
If you are wanting to dye, I’d stick with dark brown and add small amounts till you get the color you want. Also use hot water, some salt, vinegar and a few drops of dish soap. It will help the dye take to the fabric.