Factory Ammo Recommendations for .308 Fieldcraft / Chambering Issues

OP
Doc Holliday
Yeah, I am sure part of it is the nut behind the gun. Clearly from this thread you can see I have some gaps.

I can shoot 1/2 groups with my Cooper 300 win mag though using the same bipod and bag so I am not a total trigger jerker. I also didn't shoot multiple groups with each load. I shot 3 times to go from bore sight to zero at 50 yds with the ELDX.....was a very efficient process. Then moved down to the 100 and shot 3 shots with each of the above, at least 2 minutes between each shot. A couple of the groups had 2 touching holes and then one flyer....not the ELDX though. I also measure from the outside of the holes. Keep in mind these are the very first rounds to go down the barrel. Barrett does not recommend a "break in" per their instruction manual, but they do say that accuracy may increase with use. I got home and cleaned the barrel, so I'm certain if I went back and did it again and shot multiple groups of each flavor I could come back here with tighter numbers, but I don't look at this rifle as one for me to sit all day at the range and then show off tiny groups. (That's not to say I won't spend alot of time with it at the range)

Appreciate all the replies and helpful spirits. To anyone considering a Barrett FC, go for it! Just make sure you read the instructions when you get it :cool:

Last edited: