Falken Wildpeak AT3

cmahoney

WKR
Anyone using these tires? They have good reviews online and are just over $100. My main concern here in Nevada is flat resistant , lots of sharp rocks here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
LOVE mine. Had the Cooper MAXX on before they suck in snow and ice. The Wildpeaks seem to be the better all-around tire and seem to be wearing much better. Zero flats on lots of very shitty roads hauling pack goats. I always run 10 ply.

Last edited:
I have them in my truck. Fine in mud and snow. Fairly quiet on the highway. I don't drive in Rock so I can't say about that. They do seem to wear well.

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the wildpeak at3 for about a year an a half now on a chevy suburban that has been all over the southern ca deserts,mountains and all over az. I haven't had any issues with flats. I'm on my 2nd set

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
I have them on a Dodge 2500 diesel. I have about 50,000 miles on this set, and I live a mile and a half off the pavement on a gravel road and they seem to be OK. What surprised me was that I had to use 4WD on slick wet grass this spring. I am about ready for a new set of tires, and looking for something a little more aggressive since I don't drive as much as I used to.

Hope this helps.

Bill

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
Awesome, thanks guys. The Kevlar Goodyear’s on my Tacoma now suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
For the money you can't beat those or the Cooper AT3 XLT. Check those out too. I loved the Falkens, but the Coopers are even more aggressive, yet quieter. I think they both have the same treadwear warranty. Both really tough tires.

I've been happy with mine and they have been on a dirt road or two. If you are concerned about flats, I'd upgrade to the 8 ply. I have the 6 ply and have been on the Soldier Meadows and Monitor Valley roads multiple times without issue.

Had them on my last f150, wore great and hooked up very well. I think they have the deepest tread of any all terrain. May get them again when I wear the stock tires out on this truck.

40tude

Lil-Rokslider
Love them for both on and off road, lots of off-roading miles on mine with no issues. I’ll buy them again.

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have them on my Tundra and have had them about a year. Wear good, don't put a lot of miles on but no complaints. Fairly quite on pavement as well.

Whitty

FNG
Agree with all that has been said above...my LT rated ones have been fantastic.

Aeromoto

FNG
I've got a set on my JK 4 door Rubicon, had them for a little over a year. Took them hunting last year in CO Unit 57 3rd season. Through snow, mud, and ice when hunting they were great. Through the winter on the road they were great as well. This morning I slid a little down my driveway in Denver due to ice. They've worn pretty well, put maybe 7K miles on them in a year. To me they were better than my BF Goodrich MT's.

Good info as they are on my radar for my next tires. I have a set of BFG KO2's right now that are getting close to 75,000 miles so no complaints, but it sounds like the wildpeaks might be as good or better (and cheaper).

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I've got them in 305/55/20. Definitely worth it and was very happy to ditch the Toyo AT2's that I had in that same size. Hated those. Falken's have proven to be better in every way so far.