Favorite Boot?

Morlanb3

FNG
Looking for boot suggestions. I'm 6 3" 200lbs with high arches. I currently am using the UA boot but rubber is starting to come unglued after 4 years, the boots are pretty comfy. Any suggestions? I'm in the gulf coast of Texas hunting WT and Nilgai but I try to get out West to Idaho or New Mexico once a year and so that's my hardest use case there. Was thinking about the Kennetrek hardscrabble hiker or Crispi Shimek. I know I need to try some on before buying but just wanted to know what others like as a reference.

Luked

WKR
Hanwag is another that is a very good boot.
I will probably try a pair of theirs soon.
I have been wearing Lowa Tibets for a couple of years and have zero complaints other than they are a tad on the heavy side, but they have been bombproof.

kenetrek didn’t work well for me, felt clunky and the heel did not stay put in the boot. Wore crispi for a handful of years until they wore out. I ended up trying a pair of schnees boots once it was time for a new pair and they are my favorite so far. Instantly comfortable from day 1. Holding up well to the rugged conditions and staying water resistant. Very happy with these

Any good brand that fits YOUR feet best. Everyone has a favorite brand, but they are all built on different lasts and fit different. One person’s favorite pair of Crispi won’t fit the same as another’s favorite pair of Lowas.

I live in TX now and it’s hard to find a place to try on mountain hunting boots. Honestly I think any stiffer mountain type boot doesn’t really work for me in TX on the flat ground ( I mostly hunt East TX). I usually have dedicated mountain boots and something for out here. Something like a Lowa Renegade or Salomon might be a good compromise. If you are near an REI you can order some different styles / brands and they are easy to return after trying them on. There is a Scheels up in Dallas that carries a few brands of mountain hunting boots.

I’ve been a huge fan of kenetrek but gosh they have gotten so expensive.

I usually get only one season out of them. I recently switched over to Hoffman boots and have been putting them through the paces. So far they have been pretty similar to the kenetrek mountain guides. For a few hundred cheaper.

manitou1

WKR
I have had and still use several makes: Lowa Tibet, Crispi Colorado, Scarpa Kenesis, Hoffman Explorers, Zamberlan Wasatch, Lowa Zephers, Lowa Caminos, Whites, and two models of Meindls.

The Meindl Vacuum Hunters are the most comfortable I have ever worn followed by the Lowa Caminos. Actually, the Zephyrs are the most comfortable but I consider them more if an every day "walking" shoe moreso than and serious hiker.

The Hoffman Explorers come in third and I wear them in more rugged terrain where I need a little extra ankle support.

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Hoffman Explorer.

Bought my wife a pair of the Schnees Timberline and those seem like a great blend of light weight and support. When it’s time for a new boot those will be top of the list to try.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider

Bought my wife a pair of the Schnees Timberline and those seem like a great blend of light weight and support. When it’s time for a new boot those will be top of the list to try.
I bought a pair of Timblines last year during one of the sales and they are pretty good. They fit great out of the box and I used them all the way through winter. The only issue I had with them was they seemed to lose support and get kind of squishy when I had a real heavy amount of weight on but otherwise really good. I think I’ll probably use them for summer back packing trips.

I’m on my fourth or fifth pair of the Meindls. Couple were corked for work but I’d get at least two seasons out of them and that’s wearing them April through November all the time.

I got a pair of HanWag boots a year ago prepping for a hunt and they felt so good on my feet it’s pretty much the only shoe I wear 7 days a week. This week…. Worked construction, went to dinner one night, scouted for turkey, hiked with the dogs, rode Harley’s with some friends on Saturday and then dirt bikes today. Same boot. They seem to be holding up just fine.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking for boot suggestions. I'm 6 3" 200lbs with high arches. I currently am using the UA boot but rubber is starting to come unglued after 4 years, the boots are pretty comfy. Any suggestions? I'm in the gulf coast of Texas hunting WT and Nilgai but I try to get out West to Idaho or New Mexico once a year and so that's my hardest use case there. Was thinking about the Kennetrek hardscrabble hiker or Crispi Shimek. I know I need to try some on before buying but just wanted to know what others like as a reference.
Give our Hoffman Explorer boots a try. Great fitting boot and top notch quality.

manitou1

WKR

Yeah, for a rugged boot with great ankle support and overall foot protection, I lace on my Hoffman Explorers when hunting rugged/mountainous terrain.

Miendl Perfekt's were my go to, but they've changed.

I have Schnee's Beartooths and White's Owyhee right now. Schnee's are pretty heavy, Owyhee's are for september, october.