Favorite Dry Bag

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
What’s y’all’s favorite dry bags? Do annual canoe trips and think it’s time to invest in something besides a trash bag.

I’d like to be able to hold a tent, sleeping bag, and some clothes in it. So duffel bag size.

Not picky on price point, but don’t want to break the bank if I don’t have to.

If you don’t mind the weight, sealine.
There is nothing light duty about them and they do not leak even when you pack meat with them

Brillo

FNG
I don't use a dry bag because the ones I have used or owned do not carry well and that is critical on my trips due to portages. Instead I use high quality packs like Cookes and line them with contractor bags. I also use a barrel with a harness and an insulated pack for food,

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve beat the tar out of my NRS Bill’s bag. Never let me down and I like the removable shoulder straps.

OldGrayJB

WKR
Rockagator dry bags are tough and would probably be perfect for a canoe trip.
I like my sea to summit bags for lightweight backpacking, but might not be tough enough for what you're doing.

Rafttohunt

Lil-Rokslider
As a rafter that has been down the Grand Canyon, Middle Fork of the Salmon, Main Salmon and many other rivers out west, I can tell you that the best dry bag by far, in my experience, are the Watershed bags.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
As a rafter that has been down the Grand Canyon, Middle Fork of the Salmon, Main Salmon and many other rivers out west, I can tell you that the best dry bag by far, in my experience, are the Watershed bags.

Have you ever had any issues with the buckles? I float some cold cold water and the simplicity of NRS’ non-mechanical closure was the tie breaker over WS. Ever had them freeze up from overspray or anything?

Rafttohunt

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever had any issues with the buckles? I float some cold cold water and the simplicity of NRS’ non-mechanical closure was the tie breaker over WS. Ever had them freeze up from overspray or anything?
I have had no issues with the buckles and if you keep the seal lubed with 303 Protectant, no issues there either.