FHF bino harness mod

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider

I attached a fabric covered metal hook to the bottom of the bino harness to allow the lid to be pinned back. I used two 1/8 X1/4 aluminum pop rivets with washers to attach it. Hooks were about $2 at the fabric store. After using the harness now for two seasons I found that a lot of time I had the lid tucked back while still hunting and on stalks. The lid would ultimately work free and was in the way or would cause extra unwanted noise/movement. With the new hook it stays out of the way and can be manipulated easily with one hand.

good2eat

Lil-Rokslider
Love the range finder mod.

I didn't like how noisy the bino part was so I had felt sewn into the entire interior, it's much quieter now.

Last edited:
OP
BOW1144

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider
Love the range ginder mof.

I didnt like how noisy the bino part was so I had felt sewn into the entire interior, it's much quieter now.

good2eat I lined mine with adhesive felt tape also, so much quieter. Thanks for noticing the rangefinder mod too. I did that when I first got it the cut allows the opening to billow out makes it easier and quieter to get my range finder in and out.

JPD350

WKR
I have had the bino and rangefinder pouch for around 4 years now, on the bino pouch I have just tucked the lid in the pouch and there seems to be plenty of room to where I haven't noticed a noise issue but I will be doing the same hook on the RF pouch for sure, great idea!

On the RF pouch I have always just stuck a small micro cloth in the bottom which makes the RF ride a little higher, the lid doesn't shut that way but I only close it when it's raining anyway and then I just remove the cloth. The sides of the pouch should be a stretch material for sure, I imagine I will have to do a remodel to the pouch now!

There was an issue with the bino pouch that has been bugging the heck out of me so I just did a little remodel to it, I haven't taken any pictures of but I'll try and describe it. I don't know if it is just getting worn out or what but the bino pouch bends forward at the top of the pouch and likes to dump my binos out when I am crawling or bending over in a certain way ( I hardly ever have the lid over the binos), the straps that go around the chest tend to ride up just enough which tends to enhance the tip out and the bend in the pouch. So on the inside of the flap/lid I cut a little slit on both sides and slipped a piece of carbon arrow the length of the pouch then sewed them in with fishing line so they wouldn't move and now the back of the pouch is nice and flat from the bottom to the top where the shoulder straps hook on. I haven't taken them out in the field yet but it looks like it has stabilized the pouch nicely. Has any of you had the same issue? LOL or is it just me! I run the Med pouch with 10 x 42 Vortex binos which are fairly heavy.

JPD350

WKR
Here is a pic, the pouch was bending at the red arrow
20151114_065821_zpsyqrisi54.jpg
[/IMG]

JPD350

WKR
I know it looks kind of funky! it wasn't as easy to sew it as I thought but you can't see it from the outside, anyway it seems to have made a big difference.
20151114_070003_zpsfsnisoye.jpg
[/IMG]