FHF Gear Molle Muff with HPG Kit Bag

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anyone runs these together. I have been looking for something to keep my hands warm (I'm not a fan of heavy gloves), and work with my pack since most of my jackets have the lower hand warmer pockets that don't work with a pack belt. I saw that the discontinued Kifaru handwarmer seemed to integrate with it pretty well, but since those are almost unobtainable, I wondered about this route.

I fiddled around with hand warmers last year and landed on something similar for northeast bow hunting.

I am running a military / tactical chest rig - blue force gear rack minus with from right to left:

Fhf rangefinder pouch
Fhf Nino pouch
Molle gp admin pouch

I hooked the Fhf hand warmer to the bottom with a couple of molle grimlocks. It worked great. Never had an issue with it interfering with my bow shot or pack belt when I wore one.

Btw, like you, I could never get a kifaru in stock. I looked at a few other options including cabelas and UA. I bought one from another company and ran it for a few hunts but couldn't get my big hands inside it with a light tactical glove without a struggle. The Fhf is perfect fit wise for my hands with a thin glove.

Last thought, the hand warmer combo with a chemical warmer inside is a little piece of heaven in cold temps. I wore a bare right (draw) hand in 15 degree temps for multi hour stand sits. If you can think of a better way to keep hands warm and preserve dexterity, I am all in. For now, this works for me.