First backpack hunt

Npento89

FNG
Looking for suggestions on food packing, I'm 150lbs athletic build in pretty decent cardio shape. I've done day hikes before but never multiple days in the backcountry. Planning a 10 day trip that may be broken up into a few short trips, any suggestions are helpful

TheGDog

WKR
Know the water situation. If need be, hike out there ahead of time and stash several Gallons of water.

Liner socks are your friend.

If you kill something, be sure to hide the skeleton in the bushes afterwards. You don't need to be tipping-off some other Hunter might happen to pass by that it's a good area to take a sit on.

And pics or vids you take? Make sure the camera angle is either very down or very up... don't leave distinguishable landmarks in the background of the pics.

When/if you post on social media... be ready for the serious haterade.

Practice getting into your pack "upside-down Turtle" when it's laying on the ground heavy and full.

At least 1 trekking pole!

On the hike out, SLOW DOWN! Purposefully take shorter steps then you normally would. Be wary about your feet potentially sliding-out and your knees getting twisted.

jmez

WKR
Instant oatmeal or cream of wheat with dehydrated fruit and granola for breakfast. Starbucks via
Tortilla, piece of cheese, foil pack of tuna or chicken and bacon bits and apple for lunch
Mountain house for supper, starbucks via
I take a protein bar, 1 candy bar, 1 pack of trail mix, 1 pack of peanut butter crackers, Usually eat two in the am and two in the pm.

Place all of this in a gallon ziplock bag prior to the hunt. 1 bag for each day. Grab a bag every am. Trash stays in the ziplock bag. I store the bags hung in a tree in a meat bag.

All I have to do to eat is boil water in a jetboil.

TheGDog

WKR
Honey Stingers are great. Quiet to eat too.

Twist-top AppleSauce's are a bit of a weight luxury. But soo nice on hot days.

For 1 day, if not packing in:
2 Honey Stingers, 1 Clif Bar Blueberry Crisp, 1 MET-Rx Big-100 Apple Crisp, and 2-3 AppleSauces.

For packing in:
Mountain House for breakfast - either Biscuits and Gravy or Scrambled Eggs w/ Bacon.
I'll take slightly less of the aforementioned stuff above. Maybe add Cashews or Beef Jerky to it. But always save a MET-RX Big 100 for the hike-out.
Mountain House for dinner - Beef Stroganoff. Or the Mashed Potatoes and Chicken.

I have issues with Acid Reflux and these are choices that, for me, have less of a problem with Reflux.

Most of the dehydrated meals I have to skip over because to make up for lack of flavor they throw a ton of peppers and other acid triggers at the problem.

This is mostly for an ambush style of hunting. Between 5-7mi hike-in. Not a lot of moving around once in there. And I often bring back un-eaten snacks. Weather and exertion will cause variance in how much you end up eating.

And yeah, definitely do the ziplock for trash on your sit.