First crested arrows and feather splicing

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Well I got a deal on a bunch of arrow making stuff and bought a package deal from a guy that included a few thousand feathers, a 120 wooden arrows all spine matched and grain matched, 6 blitzen burger jigs with right helical and straight clamps so I figured I better put them to use.

I had some 2020 aluminums I used for my first attempt at cresting. Made a template and cut my feathers by hand. Turned a mini lathe into an arrow spinner.

I like how they turned out. Not perfect but pretty good for my first try.20210520_194226_resize_39.jpg20210520_194233_resize_50.jpg20210520_194244_resize_86.jpg

Nice, where does one find deals on used traditional gear?
Seems like there has got to be a lot of guys around with big ideas and not enough time.. i was there! And sometimes still am. Just curious how/where you got lucky because i have been keeping my eyes open for random stuff. Miss my mini bowshop at my parents house in MI.

Nice, where does one find deals on used traditional gear?
Seems like there has got to be a lot of guys around with big ideas and not enough time.. i was there! And sometimes still am. Just curious how/where you got lucky because i have been keeping my eyes open for random stuff. Miss my mini bowshop at my parents house in MI.
It was pure dumb luck. I happened to be in Calgary for a day getting a welding ticket renewed and jumped on kijiji and typed arrows in the search box. Found a guy dumping all his gear at a great price.

I think kijiji might be a Canadian thing I'm not sure, it's an online buy and sell thats nationwide.

Honestly I think you just have to get lucky.

It was pure dumb luck. I happened to be in Calgary for a day getting a welding ticket renewed and jumped on kijiji and typed arrows in the search box. Found a guy dumping all his gear at a great price.

I think kijiji might be a Canadian thing I'm not sure, it's an online buy and sell thats nationwide.

Honestly I think you just have to get lucky.
Yaaaa im not that lucky haha. I keep checking places!

Thanks fellas. Looking like a rain day tomorrow so I may try my hand at some wood arrows. I still need a taper tool but I can do some cresting tomorrow at least.

Back