First handgun, what would you get?

FLATHEAD

WKR
My son just got a Springfield Hellcat Micro 9mm in Flat Dark Earth.
I'm gonna have to have one.

Not really looking for concealment. I have looked into the hammerless 357 and the 10mm Glock. What do you prefer? I have shot several calibers but still unsure what to purchase. Thanks!
I don’t like the hammer less revolvers, because you are stuck shooting in double action, one nice thing about revolvers is the trigger in single action, it’s way easier to make that first shot count, and then follow up in double action… similar trigger pull of a glock😏

I had a glock 20 for several years and several other glocks, I don’t mind them being ugly, like their reliability, but hate the triggers.

My woods carry currently is a Springfield hellcat and I love it, it balances so well with a full mag, has a good trigger and is just way easier for me to keep more shots on target than any glock I’ve owned, and is a very compact pistol. It’s my first Springfield, and going forward I will likely own more if their others have the same balance and trigger… I went to buy a sig p365 but the hellcat was just a better feeling rig all around to me.

If going with a wheel gun, I suggest one that has an exposed hammer, they are easier to shoot well and more fun to shoot because of it.

I like 9mm because they are way cheaper to shoot, so you can shoot a lot more, which is a big deal

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider
Do you want to carry it or learn to shoot it?

If you just want to carry it and miss half the $hit you point it at, get a big thumper of a handgun.

If you want to get good with it, get a lower recoiling handgun or one that you can safely shoot reduced loads from and shoot the h*ll out of it.

For a first handgun, I often recommend an inexpensive. 22lr and all the ammo you can afford.

GoDawgs48

FNG
Not really looking for concealment. I have looked into the hammerless 357 and the 10mm Glock. What do you prefer? I have shot several calibers but still unsure what to purchase. Thanks!
Glock 19, any other answer is wrong. Get the 19, then the 20

yfarm

WKR
Browning buckmark to develop proficiency follwed by a G17. Having owned and shot the 17 and 19, the 17 just seems to balance and shoot easier and better.

Browning buckmark to develop proficiency follwed by a G17. Having owned and shot the 17 and 19, the 17 just seems to balance and shoot easier and better.
Completely different grip angle.
No correlation between Glock and Buckmark.
Ruger is the closest thing to a Glock grip angle.
That is why I don't own any Glocks.

yfarm

WKR
Thanks, for more reading