First Kifaru pack!

TylerW

FNG
Well I went and ordered my first Kifaru pack. Called them today and talked to joe and went for a
EMR II
Duplex frame with 26" stays
Grab it with lash kit
Two medium belt pouch
Water bottle pocket
mini belt pouch
Set of four pull outs
Everything in foliage green
Wanted to get a guide lid but he said they were out of stock or not ready to ship I don't recall how he said it. I don't have a lot of backpacking experience so I was a little nervous about ordering a pack this big but at the same time I was thinking would the mountain warrior ( my other choice) be big enought for a sheep, goat, brown bear hunting witch is what I'm wanting to use this pack for. So I went for the go big or go home pack, now the wait for April 10 that should be the ship date.

I'd definitely add a guide or longhunter lid to this pack. Makes it easy to access items without undoing any straps.

I would use the lash kit and the grab it with the frame and no bag. Congrats on the new pack! I just picked one up and they compress down amazing, still getting ready to use it this spring camping.

That's the exact set up I'm running most of the time. Also have a Barney's, but the EMRII does it all here. It'll do bears, goats, moose. It's huge, but packs down well. I run a LH lid, but may go to a Guide. Right now I've got a cargo panel on order so I can carry the bow under that, and put a couple pockets on that for quick stuff so I don't have to undo the whole pack and remove the bow just to get a puffy out. That's the only drawback of the design. I'm hoping the cargo panel will take care of that. We'll see.

But it's a helluva set up and I think you'll be quite happy with it. If it's you're first Kifaru (as it was mine) you may actually be overwhelmed with it when you first get it. That's normal with this bag- there's just so many options with how to carry it. I carried mine a few times and you'll quickly get your method down and after that, you could do it in the dark.

I guess there are no more Guide lids in Foliage... I have a mountain warrior with a guide lid on order and was contacted by Aron about this situation. Apparently there is no more availability of Foliage Green fabric, so all the new Lids and packs from here forward will be made from a "new wolf gray" color and I missed the boat on the last foliage lid resulting in a mismatched Mountain Warrior and, I suspect, a delay in the production of my pack as it's been 4 weeks to the day since I ordered and still no email regarding ship date/arrival day :(
Whaaaat? No more foliage green fabric? Why did this not make the news?! All I heard about was the bourbon shortage. ;)

I just ordered a Mountain Warrior in foliage yesterday and nothing was said about the color. Honestly, if gray was an option I probably would have picked that.

Hate to say it but if gray was a option I would have ordered it as well. Joe Aron are you guys out there! We need some answers !!

Any way weather it was gray or green that's what I was going to get, I never have liked the idea of a camo pack to easy to set it down and then can't find it. Don't laugh it's happen before, spent a half hour on the north slope tundra trying to find a camo bow.

We didn't want to make a statement yet, as we are waiting for a bit more info from our suppliers. I will have all the info I need on Monday and can be more specific about this.

The color foliage in 500 and 1000 Cordura, buckles and webbing has been a huge problem for us to order; long lead times, large minimum orders and horrible color differences. So dealing with this problem for the last year has help us decide to slowly transfer over to Wolf Grey". This color (Wolf Grey) is more an actual grey than foliage and it is much easier to get as well.

So as of now, what we have in foliage (what's available on the site), is all we will have in that color.

We will eventually offer everything in Wolf, but it will take some time and we can't give you an exact date on this.

A few of the Foliage packs we are shipping will have Wolf webbing, but we will let you know this before shipping anything.

There is no easy way to make this transition happen and hope you all can understand/work with us on this while it's taking place.

Thanks

We didn't want to make a statement yet, as we are waiting for a bit more info from our suppliers. I will have all the info I need on Monday and can be more specific about this.

The color foliage in 500 and 1000 Cordura, buckles and webbing has been a huge problem for us to order; long lead times, large minimum orders and horrible color differences. So dealing with this problem for the last year has help us decide to slowly transfer over to Wolf Grey". This color (Wolf Grey) is more an actual grey than foliage and it is much easier to get as well.

So as of now, what we have in foliage (what's available on the site), is all we will have in that color.

We will eventually offer everything in Wolf, but it will take some time and we can't give you an exact date on this.

A few of the Foliage packs we are shipping will have Wolf webbing, but we will let you know this before shipping anything.

There is no easy way to make this transition happen and hope you all can understand/work with us on this while it's taking place.

Thanks

This is very disappointing, my whole kit is in foliage! I understand it from a business standpoint. I can in now way speak to what you went/are going through with your suppliers, but as a consumer a little heads up would have been nice? I have been waiting to order a Cargo Panel until you had the Highlander Woobies available with the Apex insulation. If I had known this, I may have placed an order a month ago. Also, nothing was said to me when I placed my order today? I was told you are out of stock. Now what? It seems every time I settle on a color it gets discontinued...

Last edited:
Back