First Lite - 2016 catalog

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
No worries! I'm a fan of cocona and didn't know they had reinforced knees. That's another plus. I'm just running shorts, fleece leggings and (for the first time ever) rain pants next season. Trying manage heat while climbing but still having protection when needed.

Unless they changed.. ;) they run a double layer of material on the inside of the pants in the knees. Nice option.

gmajor

WKR
Unless they changed.. ;) they run a double layer of material on the inside of the pants in the knees. Nice option.

For sure. Was sizing more generous than their standard stuff, or equally so (for perspective, I think their outwear runs quite large)?

If only I could find a way to get more reasonable shipping for the sale stuff...all I want is one llano ss for $45 but i don't want to pay 25% additional in shipping haha

For sure. Was sizing more generous than their standard stuff, or equally so (for perspective, I think their outwear runs quite large)?

If only I could find a way to get more reasonable shipping for the sale stuff...all I want is one llano ss for $45 but i don't want to pay 25% additional in shipping haha

http://www.high-mountain-outfitters.com/ has the 2015 stuff discounted with free shipping over $25. I just got some SS llanos from them for $45. And they had the Corrugate in stock in my size in ASAT which has been sold out most everywhere. I've ordered from them several times and always had great results and fast shipping. Just ordered some stuff from FL also and shipping does kind of hurt when only making a small order.

To add to your size topic, their clothing is designed as a system so each piece in my medium (or whatever size) is progressively larger for layering. At least that's my experience and what I've seen posted. For example, if I wanted a snug fitting Chama, I'd order small instead of medium since it's designed as a mid layer for over a Llano.

Does anyone have any info why their gear won't be offered in Realtree or Mossy Oak this year?

I'm sure that it's a combination of royalties and lack of sales. ASAT was their #1 camo until fusion came out, which is their own and has 0 royalties I doubt they sell enough Real Tree to make it worth their time. I have heard they are even considering discontinuing ASAT.

gmajor

WKR
Just an update. The final version of the SEAK is awesome. First Lite has an absolute hit on their hands in my opinion. The construction, cut (an unexpected but welcome update), zippers, and cuffs are perfect. Now they've just got to convince people to shell out the $, but judging from the banter on here it doesn't seem like that's a huge issue ;)

I liked the stormtight (the ones with good zippers), but I don't think it compared to the sitka stormfront, or to a much lesser degree the kuiu yukon. I think the SEAK is every bit as good as the stormfront, which moves it into a different playing field entirely imo.

Last edited:

Tyler455

Lil-Rokslider
I'm having a really hard time picking between the vapor and the Seak. I'm leaning toward the Seak but I'm concerned about weight and packability. I'm also concerned it will be overkill for me as far as rain protection ( AZ) . I thought I might use it as a soft shell and a rain layer but it may be too noisy. Any input?