First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

Have to go with the vapour light. All the hunting I do is in New Zealand in the southern Alps. It's all mountainous hunting whether it's climbing through bluffs after tahr and Chamois on on the open tops in the tussock for deer. A lighter jacket than what I currently have would be ideal

jwilkstn

FNG
Thanks for the review, Jordan

I'd love to test out the Vapor Stormlight in the new Cipher pattern here in Tennessee to see how well it breathes in our typically warm weather and also how versatile the pattern is. It looks great for early season turkey hunting before green-up in addition to treestand whitetail hunting as mentioned in the review. Also, I'm making my first true western hunt this fall, and it would be a huge upgrade over my existing rain jacket!

kjw

WKR
Both look like great items, but I think that puffy would be my choice for my wife on her first elk hunt this year in the south west WY desert.

Decisions decisions, Well, I've been nailed by to many unexpected rain storms, and with a year round pig season, and more spring storm expected this coming week; not to mention spring break coming up, I know I could put the Vapor Storm light to good use.

By the way, nice review! and once again, a big thanks to RockSlide for the opportunity!

Last edited:

gonzaga

FNG
Great color pattern. This would work in the Mountains and the Plains doing predator hunting.

Dallas

FNG
Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I will be using it for elk hunting in southeast Idaho. Would be perfect for those cold mornings and evenings when it's hard to sit still because I'm freezing. I know that this jacket will make me a better hunter. Thanks for the opportunity First Lite and Rokslide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregfl2001

Lil-Rokslider
I'm grateful for a chance to win the Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I'm planning my first backpacking hunting trip into the Idaho wilderness this upcoming fall, and have been looking for the perfect insulation layer to handle the cold weather typically experienced in late-season deer and elk hunts where temps can reach well below freezing. Really excited about this jacket and the new Cipher pattern is a perfect match for the area I hope to be hunting in this fall.

Thanks for the review, and thanks to the folks at FL for recognizing the great people on this forum by donating gear!

Gators

FNG
It would be awesome to get my hands on the Uncompahgre puffy. I moved to San Diego in September and got to hunt the mountians of Southern California and Arizona. We hike miles on miles of public land hunting, and hike year round for work and training. Thats why "lightwieght" and "compressibility" are the most appealing parts of the jacket. I'd love the puffy to replace the hoodie and coyote brown fleece combo I use now. The versility of the jacket makes it perfect for the mountains of the Southwest, hiking in Washington, and to bring home east for the duck blind. Plus the jacket design, paired with the Cipher pattern, is going to be a deadly combo. Almost as important, it's one comfy looking pillow.

r7s

FNG
I would be happy to win the Vapor Stormlight. (Partly because I already have and use an Uncompahgre Puffy.)

It would be put to good use deep in the Pasayten Wilderness this coming September. Last year we were 20+ miles in and saw a moose (unexpected), mountain goats, and ended up filling a bear tag. We had some beautiful weather with graupel coming down and covering the ground at the same time the sun was shining overhead.

Ian

Lil-Rokslider
It would be awesome to win either. I'd have to pick the Vapor for hunting in MT. I've never been able to set enough aside for a hunting specific rain jacket.

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
I would like the vapor light jacket to go with my fusion corrugated guide pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elky_man

FNG
Man that new Cipher would be perfect where I hunt in the rocky out crops of the western slope of Colorado. Although the fusion would work ok there too. I'm glad they now have something with less greens. Looks they have come out with the only thing that will beat out ASAT. Bravo!!! Sure could use a new jacket 😬

ScottinPA

WKR
My pick would be the Uncompahgre Puffy. Last year I did my first DIY hunt in NW MT. Although the forecast was for cool days with the possibility of rain 2 of the 9 days I expected to hunt, it rained all but 3 days and there were a handful of days where the temps never got out of the thirties with a few nights in the teens. From that experience a packable puffy was put on the short list of necessary gear for next trip. Being in NW PA, I foresee using this for spring turkey/fishing and a must have for fall deer/bear either as an outer or intermediate layer. There are always a few days when having a compact warm layer would be nice to put on when the weatherman is wrong – again. Then there's the next western trip either this year or next chasing the wiley wapiti.

R3B3

FNG
The Uncompahgre Puffy would be a good layer to have in NW Montana. It would be good early season for those chilly evening and mornings, and it would be a valuable layer later into the season as well.

wa hunter

FNG
Uncompahgre Puffy Jacket i love to back pack hunt in many different states. this is the one piece of gear i do not have and would love to get one to exchange the heavier jacket i carry!! i own lots of first lite clothing and love every piece of it!!! will post pics and review of it if i win on all my hunts this year!!

The Vapor Stormlight would be the perfect selection to allow me to hunt more effectively in Washington state big game and waterfowl seasons.
The weather here can be windy during archery elk in early September. I do not have a lightweight, quiet windbreaker to wear over my Chama hoody. A cold, windy and potentially rainy hunt would be saved for me if I had access to such a garment. The Cipher pattern looks like a perfect update to the Fusion I wear now and used to kill my first archery elk this year. Was it the new camo?..Not sure but I felt confident and invisible and that certainly adds to your success.
Modern firearm deer season can include any combination of weather imaginable...below freezing temps, wind, rain and snow and temps that can rise to near 80 degrees. Being able to layer effectively and compact the necessary layers in a light daypack is exactly what that season requires. The Cipher pattern and breathability of the Vapor Stormlight looks perfect for the spot and stalk we usually do during MF season for mulies where stealth, exertion, sweat and sitting can all be part of the successful hunt.
My friends have been bugging me to join them in the waterfowl season(lifelong upland hunter) here in Western Washington, which you might have heard, can be wet. Really wet. I do not have a waterproof camo to wear in the duck and goose blind and the sizing of FL gear allows me to wear a down puffy or fleece and layer the rain jacket over and still be able to mount my shotgun. Your designs are very simple and effective when it comes to not having zippers and seams where they would interfere with shotgunning. I would love the opportunity to test your garment in all 3 scenarios and provide updates and reports. Cipher looks like it would blend very effectively in the marshy conditions that include gray/brown cattails, dead grasses, and trees.
Turkey season opens April 15 and you literally have no idea what weather you're going to have to deal with but know for sure the birds will be smart and notice anything out of place. A Stormlight Vapor in Cipher pattern would be the ideal top outer layer to try to call in and close the deal on my first turkey this year.
I love my current First Lite gear and wish I could buy more but getting my 12yr old son outfitted to join me on hunts(along with baseball, football, lacrosse) has seriously reduced my gear budget.
I would love the be the lucky guy that ends up getting the Vapor Stormlight!

chasewild

WKR
I’m sure I can use the newest First Lite gear to its fullest potential!

First, I live in Denver, and after I get done running Green Mountain with my 93 pound pack (because I #traintohunt) the puffy will keep my upper body nice and toasty while I enjoy a good MTN OPS prot-shake in the parking lot! Cipher will look so burly with my 6 month beard!

But that’s not all I’ve got in store for this spring! I just purchased a new ACCUBOW and I’ll rock the sh$t out of that puffy while I’m perfecting my form. Can’t wait to lob some bombs this fall on an OTC, DIY, SOLO, BONZAI, ULTRALITE, dragon-bull!

Anyway, you get the picture, but real quick, could you get it signed by Allie D’Andrea – she’s such a good hunter!

Puffy jacket for me. Would work well for fall hunting in Montana when temps are cold in morning. Thanks for the opportunity.

mcr-85

WKR
I would love to try the Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I have yet to try any First Lite gear but I would put it to good use hunting Southern Utah all fall. I think it would be a good pattern for the top of the Beaver mountain where I will be helping my mom with her mountain goat tag.

Thanks Rokslide for the giveaway as well.