First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

Clark33

WKR
Uncompahgre puffy jacket. The two areas I hunt the most, Eastern WA and NE Wyoming are open sage country. This patter looks PERFECT, I also want the Uncompahgre puffy jacket because 1) weather in the prairie can go from 75 and sunny to a blizzard in the blink of an eye. 2) the jacket stuffs into its own pocket making the perfect pillow for backcountry camps or those mid afternoon cat naps between glassing sessions.

Steel4sam

FNG
This is awesome! I am totally digging the cipher! Both jackets are amazing and I would love to own either, having just had my second child (a boy!) let's just say fiscal responsibility has a whole new meaning to me. With that said, the Vapor Stormlight would be the most versatile and give me the most bang for my buck. I would be using this in the Oregon Cascade pursuing late season Blacktails, AND the south blue mountains in search of elk. In either case this jacket and camo pattern would be a perfect fit. Firstlite makes top shelf best of the best clothing. Thank you for the opportunity to own one of your products!

The rain jacket is what I would want.
I already have the puffy and where I hunt in the west. Mainly utah but have been doing some out of state hunts as well. From spring turkey to early season archery all the way to late season cow elk hunts the jacket would be great to keep me dry along with layering over the puffy for extra warmth and wind protection.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Since I already have the vapor in my cart on first lites site... I'll take that. I'll be hunting elk for my first time here in Utah in the high uintas aka the rain every afternoon mountains. So I would use it hard. I have slowly built a fl collection over the last year and rain gear is the next thing on my list!

Sartech

FNG
Thanks very much Rockslide and First Lite. Of the two I would choose the Vapor Stormlight Rain Jacket. I live, work, play and hunt in the upper left of Washington state. My passion is hunting the Roosevelt Elk of the pacific coast. This is wet wet wet area and perfect place to try out the Stormlight Jacket, and from what I have read and seen about it, this is the place it was designed for. Being dry and comfortable would certainly increase my chances and I need all the help I can get.
Thanks.
PB

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for doing this.

I would go with the Vapor Stormlight (already have the Uncompahgre) to use across Idaho/Wyoming as a packable light weight rain jacket for spring bear, turkey, summer fishing, scouting, & fall elk, deer hunting.

Thanks, I would like to win the Vapor Stormlight. This time of the year I would give it a good test in the mountains of western NC hunting turkeys and hogs mostly. We get a ton of rain (about 90in a year) and our mountains are thick and steep so I think I could give it a good real world test.

Esse quam videri

Specialk

Lil-Rokslider
I think the Uncompahgre jacket would be perfect for the high desert country here in Northern Nevada where I do most of my archery hunting. This jacket would be ideal for the backpack hunting I do since it's synthetic, so I'll stay warm and won't freeze to death if it happens to rain and it gets wet. The jacket is extremely light weight and compresses down nicely so it won't take up too much room in your pack. A warm, lightweight, functional jacket will always have a spot in my pack.

Lucky Goose

Lil-Rokslider
First, thank you to Rokslide, Jordan, First Lite, and Ryan for the opportunity at this giveaway.

I'd put the 'unpronounceable' Uncompahgre Puffy in the Cipher pattern to use in the southeastern whitetail woods and on my annual September Idaho elk hunts for sure. I completely agree with Jordan and her pictures that the Cipher pattern absolutely blends perfectly with "open, rocky and dull colored country", but make no mistake, it will perform equally as well for my applications here in the southeast. Whether I am up 25' in a barren oak or I am stalking among the limestone and sandstone out-croppings in the hills and hollows of northeast Alabama and southeast Tennessee, I am confident that the openness and light colors exhibited in the new Cipher pattern will break up my outline and blend my silhouette into the landscape. It will excel where so many other patterns, which are much too dark and/or green, often fail. Now, I know what you're thinking...'wait he's primarily hunting in the southeast. what does he need lightweight, packable insulation layers for?". The truth is I hunt whitetails much like your would many western big game species and the humid winter weather here can be bone chilling. Fortunate enough to have several large tracts of public land with diverse terrain, I must be weight conscious and concerned with breathability. I often make hurried climbs of 600-900' in half mile distance to access ground that others simply don't go. The ability for me to be concealed and remain, dry on the ascent and warm enough during slow stalk or stand hunts is critical. The lightweight material and breathability of the Uncompahgre Puffy and openess and light colors in the new Cipher pattern would undoubtedly check all of these boxes and help me be a more comfortable and successful hunter. If fortunate enough to be chosen, I will absolutely share my thoughts on the piece here on Rokslide and any successes I have with it in the field.

Jcowdogg

FNG
I have a spring bear hunt coming up in the Eagle Cap Mountians in NE Oregon in late May. I think the Uncompahgre puffy jacket by First Lite would be the perfect edition to my hunt if I were to win it. I don't have a puffy light weight jacket and I have been looking at getting one for my backpack hunts. I love the pattern and I think it will blend in great with the rocky terrain around the high lakes that I plan on getting into on this hunt.

str_8tup

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been running First Lite since 2011 before it was popular! Up until last year, I was using First Lite merino tops and base layers along with Sitka pants because the Sitka pants fit me better in the waist and length. That was until last year when I ordered a complete set of Fusion and the Corrugate pant which rocked! Lightweight, breathable, fit was great and Fusion camo is second to none.

The rain coat where I hunt, Idaho and Montana, wouldn't only be used for rain, but I usually use them for warmth too, (to cut the wind) with a Uncomprahge puffy under the rain coat that I already own! So, yes the rain coat would be greatly used as i'm still running an old cheap leaking Russell rain coat! Thank you for the opportunity!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
TIBURON UPDATE --

Been after a 185" ram they call El Chapo since we've been here. Made about 4 long ass stalks on him and he just back doors every time... smartest sheep I've ever been around. Hopefully his time is coming to an end. Been super hot 100-110 every day... hunt in the mornings and evenings then do our best to get into shade during the middle of the day to stay cool and hydrated. Hopefully I'll be posting a kill pic soon!
547b1a1d85174b830a13960d729ca934.jpg

fbead7885bf7e8841469b9df1780a461.jpg

--

Rokslide Staff

Sent via my iPhone Tapatalk

Lukem

WKR
I'm in for the unpronounceable Uncompahgre Puffy. It's home would be in southwest Nebraska, and nowhere is more boring and nondescript than SW Nebraska (except maybe eastern Colorado). I myself am pretty boring, but need help blending in and that pattern would do nicely, whether it be hunting for deer or hiding from the family in the yard. The puffy would be master of this part of the world with it's versatility. In the last week we've had a low of 10 degrees and today it was 90. The versatility would fit with our changes in weather. While our rain and snow are rare, they can happen in a hurry and the DWR would handle most of it without issue.

Sage950

FNG
Thanks for the giveaway. I would love to win the Vapor Stormlite. Hoping to draw a New Mexico Gila wilderness tag again this year. Last 4 years it has poured on us at one time or another. My current rain gear is heavy and sweaty. This looks so much better and the pattern is awesome for that area. Thanks again, Rick

VASolocam

FNG
Thanks so much for the giveaway. I've been waiting for the new Cipher pattern. It looks awesome!
I would really like to win the Uncompahgre puffy for my son. My son and daughter both got a full base layer kit from First Lite this Christmas for use backpacking and hunting - they love the shirts so much that they are wearing them to school and around the house. My son has just started hunting this past fall and is totally hooked. We've had a tough time finding a good quality puffy coat for him to wear. We would plan to use this jacket in several ways. We are planning a 3 week backpacking trip in Colorado this summer and he would put it to great use there in the Mt Zirkel and Rawah wilderness areas. I know he would love the fact that it can also be used as a pillow at night! We would also be using it this spring for chilly mornings hunting spring turkey. Finally we would use it all fall during archery season for deer and bear here in Virginia. Thanks again for this awesome opportunity. - Dave

wmp1991

FNG
The Uncompahgre puffy jacket would go great with my knab's and chama hoody for my first big game hunt in idaho this fall! Having the warmth with this jacket would be the absolute perfect match to my current gear list (lightweight/packable).

huntnfolk

FNG
I would love to get a vapor storm light jacket to put to the test in western Washington, which we commonly refer to as the "wet side". Rain is common even in the early fall so having a light weight rain jacket in the pack always ready to go is a must. My current jacket is in need of replacement, and this jacket would be a perfect replacement. Thanks for having the give away and letting Roksliders have a chance at some great gear.

bigharge

WKR
Would love the Vapor Stormlight, one piece that is definitely missing from my aresenal. I'm sure it would get plenty of use in New Mexico and Wyoming this season. Thanks for the opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmadsen

FNG
Let me start by saying I'm not a man with a lot of disposable income but I understand the importance of high quality gear. Last year I was able to pick up a llano crew, chama QZ, and corrugate pants in discontinued camo patterns on sale and love every piece. I'd be grateful for the opportunity to sport an uncompahgre puffy jacket in the new Cipher pattern! I'd be using it in high country Idaho hunting spring bear, and backpack hunting mule deer on the Snake River breaks. I feel like the pattern would excel in both areas and would keep me comfortably warm on those chilly morning and evening glass sessions. Thank you for continuing to push the envelope with new gear in the hunting realm. Cheers!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
a3a3d2b652532b6330332ff824037dc2.jpg

fa7e16cee53b3c64b3175b92d27a0771.jpg

dce268ccc6b60ba25130d911a1409583.jpg

Ram down! Bob and I had a hell of a hunt... very tough with the heat and looking for a trophy ram. 7th day and we're tagged out! 550 yard shot. Cipher pattern in my merino top and pants. 110 degrees every day. We're exhausted but so thrilled at the ram we got!!

--

Rokslide Staff

Sent via my iPhone Tapatalk