First Lite fit system question

Dromsky

Lil-Rokslider
I dig my First lite products and am looking to pick up some more pieces. Question for you guys, when you layer items, say llano 1st layer followed by Chama topped by Uncompaghre do you order all the same size? Or order undergarments in smaller sizes to avoid bunching up layers. A Chama qz med fits me plenty loose enough for a layer underneath, maybe a Llano in small?
Cheers

Everything I own from FL is a medium and I have zero issues with fit. I've run a llano long sleeve, chama hoody, halstead fleece and springer vest under my uncompaghre just do it. I could move just fine. Still capable of shooting my recurve pretty accurately.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I couldn't stand the wool over wool layering......too constrictive, and didn't add any warmth at all. However, I do love a fleece between my merino base layer and jackets. As for sizing, I wear an XL in the Llano and also wore an XL in the Uncompahgre.

I've often wondered about a fleece layer between wool layers. I figured it be better against the wind. I may have to try that.

Stwrt9

WKR
I have a Chama and uncompahgre both in medium seem to run pretty true to size

I too like the fleece idea. I rarely pack fleece though as it's usually too thick and bulky. I wish Cabela's had a simple fleece shirt as I like their fleece but I don't like the zippers and liners and hoods and what not. Is there a simple fleece shirt/pullover that is light and packable that folks would suggest?

As for the original question FL seems to fit big and loose. I love their base layers but not so much their mid layer hence the question above. I too find that the 2nd layer does not add much warmth.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Is there a simple fleece shirt/pullover that is light and packable that folks would suggest?

Columbia used to make a microfleece mock-T.......I LOVE them for archery season when I need just a bit of insulation when the temps dip and I'm active. But I haven't been able to find any in some time. Luckily I still have four of them, but I wear them year round so they will wear out on me.

And to answer Justin's assertion.....fleece provides NO wind protection......unless it's lined with some type of windshear or something. Fleece may be bulky, but I'll take it 100% of the time as an insulation layer over wool. If it gets even colder I always have my down puffy in my pack as well.

The other thing with fleece.........if it gets wet, you can just take it off and shake the water out of it as the poly material doesn't actually "absorb" the water. It just gets trapped, so shakes out easily. That's why fleece comes out of the washing machine almost dry and light versus natural fibers.

Valid points. I've never really thought of that with fleece. I will say that I feel warmer in my fleece when the wind kicks up, but that may just be me.

I have a Kifaru hunting fleece on the way. It's a pullover so I'll see how that goes.

I've had a couple of the Columbia fleece's as well and they were bomber.

I don't know why I didn't mention this earlier, but first lite has a fleece quarter zip, the halstead. I have three of those and wear them constantly. My llano, halstead and springer vest combo is stellar.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I will say that I feel warmer in my fleece when the wind kicks up, but that may just be me.

I feel warmer in fleece period, over merino as an insulation layer. My FL Labrador just sits here anymore, as I freeze wearing that thing even under a jacket. But with a fleece instead, I'm golden. And fleece is CHEAP....unless of course you go with top name branded stuff. I have a great 300 weight fleece camo jacket that cost me $10 on clearance. But it's too warm for 90% of our archery season.