First Lite Merino Shrinking

B-P-UU

FNG
Picked up a 350 EXP base layer - first experience with FL Merino. The piece is a little baggy for what I'm using it for. before I try trading for a smaller one, how well do these pieces keep their original size? should I expect a significant amount of shrink? Thanks.

Picked up a 350 EXP base layer - first experience with FL Merino. The piece is a little baggy for what I'm using it for. before I try trading for a smaller one, how well do these pieces keep their original size? should I expect a significant amount of shrink? Thanks.
Only a problem if you wash hot or put in dryer.

I wash cold and air dry, but honestly I rarely need to wash my base layers. If I want them to fit a little more snug, I have thrown them in the drier for a bit but be careful not to include them with anything that could snag them and tear a small hole.

If you follow the washing instructions, expect no shrinking in my experience. I have an original chama hoody and tried to shrink it, but it didn’t work. All my other pieces have maintained their shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

B-P-UU

FNG
Thanks guys.. I would be interested in hearing anyone's tricks for purposely shrinking as well.

I've not had any shrinking problems with any of my merino wool, regardless of manufacturer. Warm wash cold rinse in the machine and dry in dryer medium heat

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried to purposely shrink a chama EXP that I mistakenly ordered one size too big. Haven’t been able to shrink it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk