First Lite Pre orders

Got the email on the pre orders and jumped on 2 items I have really been excited about.
Catalyst Soft Shell Jacket
Corrugate Guide Jacket

I had a soft shell I sent back to them under a warranty issue, where they issued me store credit. I used that towards the new soft shell - SCORE
This Catalyst is so much more than the old soft shell. I even got it for less than the store credit so I obviously had to get something else.
That was a no brainer...
Corrugate Guide jacket. I love the Guide and Kanab pants so much, the jacket just made sense.

Looks like a ship date around June.

OP
mfllood3800
They are claiming the new 2018 items will fit more like regular clothes, jackets etc...

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
I was thinking of ordering the corrugate guide jacket like flood did and I think I might order the kiln hoody for an under “shirt” but I’m not sure if i should for Nevada.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
I like the idea of their items, and love their base layers. Just scared to order and not have it fit again! Shipping is sure a pain up in Canada. I’ll wait until after their reveal tomorrow and see what they say about sizing.

That new hooded halstead is just what I want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockWest

FNG
Yes, I'm just in the process of putting my first order together. However I'm in Canada as well and shipping things back and forth usually involves a drive across the border each time.

I'm going to wait and see what everyone says about the new sizing and see.

Had anyone tried ordering the same item in a few different sizes, picking the size you prefer and returning the rest. Immediately, tags on, at the post office? Saves trying to clear things through customs you don't want.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

KBC

WKR
Had anyone tried ordering the same item in a few different sizes, picking the size you prefer and returning the rest. Immediately, tags on, at the post office? Saves trying to clear things through customs you don't want.

I was thinking of ordering a jacket and maybe some pants and trying them on before coming back to make sure. Might be the easiest(cheapest) way if you aren't too far from the border. I'm sure if you had all the receipts for shipping the sizes back that don't fit the border guards wouldn't give you too much hassle.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
After wearing it for a year I would buy the Sawtooth, Halstead Hoodie, LW Aerowool and the Chamberlin. The Sawtooth is still by far my favorite First Lite piece.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
After wearing it for a year I would buy the Sawtooth, Halstead Hoodie, LW Aerowool and the Chamberlin. The Sawtooth is still by far my favorite First Lite piece.

What’s the difference in the new aerowool? Has it pilled up at all? That’s my favorite base layer by a ways!
Does the sizing for those pieces run the same as the chama hoodie?

Ten Bears

WKR
Do you feel like the Chamberlin could be an equal on warmth with the Sanctuary ? I love my Sanctuary for the warmth but it's so damn heavy. If the Chamberlin could provide me the same warmth with the weight savings that is a winner and worth the high price point.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
What’s the difference in the new aerowool? Has it pilled up at all? That’s my favorite base layer by a ways!
Does the sizing for those pieces run the same as the chama hoodie?

The new Areowool is a merino/Nylon blend. So it’s more durable and dries faster than Poly/merino blend. I’ve seen zero pilling up. I have a prototypes and they seem to run a half size smaller but I don’t know how the production sizes panned out.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Do you feel like the Chamberlin could be an equal on warmth with the Sanctuary ? I love my Sanctuary for the warmth but it's so damn heavy. If the Chamberlin could provide me the same warmth with the weight savings that is a winner and worth the high price point.

That’s a good question. I did not wear the Sanctuary enough to compare. I did have a couple of all day glassing sessions for deer in 10-15 degree temps and the jacket with good layering kept me warm.

Ten Bears

WKR
Well I guess I am gonna have to order one...

Looks like it could be a versatile tool for us Midwest treestand dudes that venture out West a couple times a year.

Heck I'm going to buy some FL just because I'm bored and need something different to try.

Trial153

WKR
i am still gun shy on First lite after several poor experiences, and honestly have not missed it since i sold it all. A couple of these new peices Intrigue me. still not sure i want to try any again. I cant see preordering thats for sure.

I ordered the Klamath Hoodie (halstead fleece with a hood) and the Wick boot top (3/4) base bottoms.
I love my Halstead fleece and was hoping they would come out with a hooded option. I think it is going to be an ideal mid-weight layer.
The 3/4 bottom base layers I have been wanting to try for a LONG time so I just pulled the trigger since they always seem to be out of stock.

NDGuy

WKR
I like the idea of their items, and love their base layers. Just scared to order and not have it fit again! Shipping is sure a pain up in Canada. I’ll wait until after their reveal tomorrow and see what they say about sizing.

That new hooded halstead is just what I want!

They now have free returns for size exchanges.

NDGuy

WKR
Heck I'm going to buy some FL just because I'm bored and need something different to try.

Highly recommend their Chama (now Kiln) base layer, Obsidian pants, Uncomphagre Jacket, and the guide pants.

hflier

WKR
Is First Lite coming out with any new accessories this year? I would like to see some better gloves and a boonie hat!