First lite question

Ace8

FNG
Any comparison/info out there for the kiln 250 hoodie vs the klamath hoodie?

The kiln is made of merino wool and is meant to be a base layer, the klamath is a grid fleece and meant to be a mid layer (or outer layer if its mild and dry).

The Kiln is the new updated version of the Chamma. The Klamath is the new updated version of the Halstead.

I have both (size large) I'm 6'3" 218, The kiln fits me perfect, the Klamath fits great, although its a bit tight in the chest. Both sleeves and torso are perfect, one of the reasons I love FL is their shirts are long enough for a long torso person like myself.

Thanks for the info! I've learned that I order an XL in everything....just not FL stuff. Love it though.

I have both (size large) I'm 6'3" 218, The kiln fits me perfect, the Klamath fits great, although its a bit tight in the chest. Both sleeves and torso are perfect, one of the reasons I love FL is their shirts are long enough for a long torso person like myself.

Can you compare the warmth when wearing each of them as a mid layer? The weight is very close for each hoody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Klamath a lot of the time as an outer layer on nice days up here in Alaska. Its a lot more durable since it's not merino. Klamath holds up decent to alder abuse.

Last edited:
So, if you had go pick one. Which would it be?
In my opinion Kiln is more versatile, you can use it as a base or mid weight layer. Klamath is more of a mid layer/outer layer. You'll probably get more use out of the Kiln.

If I could only have one I would get the Kiln - It can be a base layer, mid layer and outer layer and I can wear it for a week without it stinking.

If I could only have one I would get the Kiln - It can be a base layer, mid layer and outer layer and I can wear it for a week without it stinking.

That's what I was going to say. I'm surprised to hear guys say the Kiln is warmer than the Klamath because I would've thought differently, but I don't own a Klamath.

The Kiln is my most worn piece of clothing. When its 60 degrees, its the only thing I wear. When its colder than that, its my base layer and I put something over it.. but basically I wear it 90% of the time.

They are very different. The Kiln is tight and mostly merino. The Klamath is looser and is a grid fleece.

If you're looking for a base layer the Kiln is it. It's an extremely versatile and warm base layer.

If you're looking for a midlayer that can handle some wind then the Klamath is what you want.

They are very different. The Kiln is tight and mostly merino. The Klamath is looser and is a grid fleece.

If you're looking for a base layer the Kiln is it. It's an extremely versatile and warm base layer.

If you're looking for a midlayer that can handle some wind then the Klamath is what you want.

I have a large in both and interestingly enough, the Klamath is tighter fitting than the Kiln.

Back