Flaming star saddle/pack mods

coyote_out

Lil-Rokslider
I have two flaming star pack saddles and panniers for my llamas, and want to remove the current cam lock type buckles and replace with some male/female buckles/clips. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for good quality buckles/clips?C98F0303-82D3-4BF5-9FA6-11A36FA9F9F6.jpeg

Not sure on which buckles but I swapped the cinches for Sopris ones and it made the saddle so much better

Last edited:
I sold that saddle with a llama. Amazing company, feel free to call Charlie and they will custom build them depending on your llama size. I just like it because it was easier for me to use, and got caught in their wool significantly less than the flaming star system.

Edit: I think I see what you are talking about. I would be hesitant to trust a whole saddle to a clip style buckle. But the Sopris does protect the cam buckle more. If your llamas are smaller you can run the goat size cinches.

I bought the Sopris pack systems recently, comes with everything
fits my llamas great loads ride very well, the panniers have attachments that will go back to the cinches and a long strap that goes back up over the top and acts like a load lifter, loads ride very very evenly
expensive but excellent quality, Charlie was a great help as well.

Back