Fly First SG Skyscraper

Has anybody ever figured out how to pitch the SG Skyscraper fly first? Or figured out a way to pitch it as one single unit? I love this tent, except not being able to do that. That’s one of reasons I keep debating on selling it and going back to a hilleberg. If somebody has a video you get bonus points!!!

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
Slingfin makes them. They have a video on how to do it.

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
You’re welcome. I’ve done it my living room. Haven’t taken the skyscraper out yet.
It’s kind of fussy. Definitely not like a true fly 1st pitch tent.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Why thank you good sir. Now to know if anybody has actually done it and succeeded 😂
I’ve done it in the wild. Toughest part is the cross pole if I recall, but it’s been a couple years. You kind of have to get into the doorways. It isn’t impossible but it isn’t like popping poles through external sleeves like on a hilleberg.

To me the advantages of the Slingfin designs outweigh downsides, and they are strong.

I’ve done it, you’ll want to practice at home a few times at home. The fly attaches to the tent body via a toggle through a ring on the web. If you attach the toggle around the web you won’t be able to feed the poles through. You can get the cross pole through but if it was raining good I’d not mess with it bc you have to move the vestibule which could lead to water getting in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk