FNG advice!

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
So at 29 ive started working out regularly because i have a goal...be fit enough to hunt harder then other guys. Prior military and wildland firefighter but this motivates me to do something in that department like nothing else. Ive started to up the reps and warm up run intensity and try to get legs and core often as possible without neglecting the rest. Am
I on the right track? Any workouts you think are awesome for hunting? I hike and get to the mountains when i can but its not easy on the fuel for me! Also anyone know where i can get some hunting related work out shorts or am i stuck with UA for a pro hunting company in the department. I like to put my money where my mouth is if i have a choice

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
I've been doing the MusclePharm Get Swole workout from bodybuilding.com on and off for the last year or so. Awesome weight training routine, but a little light on actual cardio. I'll usually switch up the leg day routine to something a little more tailored, and add in core on at least two workout days each week, then do some incline cardio (10-15 minutes) before each session as a warmup. I haven't hunted the mountains ever, but I've scouted some serious southern Ohio hill country early spring and was good to go all day in any weather. I can't say for sure how well it would do for prepping for the legit backcountry, but when tailored it's a great workout either way.

As far as shorts and workout gear, if you're prior military (I'm active duty Navy) and a firefighter, you should definitely be on Promotive and GovX. Great discounts for all sorts of things, especially outdoor and fitness gear.

OP
C

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I grew up in indiana and that south is rough but thats easy ground here! I hiked 12+ miles one day and that was the start. And packing can do a number. I read all the body sites and all they talk about is building mass and or strength. I want to be able to pack 100+lbs out up a hill. And i dont want to work out down the wrong path. And be a beast but have the mountain kick my butt. Fine balance ill look at it tho