FNG - Colorado

ElkTycoon

FNG
Finally signed up for an account.

Born on the coast in California, grew up fishing and scuba diving, taught myself spear fishing (free diving) in high school since surfing was too slow. Started hunting elk in Colorado in the mid 90’s and was hooked. Traded the ocean for the mountains and finally was able to move to Colorado in 2008.

Primarily backpack hunt elk (archery and rifle) and done pretty good over the years. Absolutely suck at deer hunting maybe the worst ever. Last year burned 15 deer points on 3rd rifle in 66 and never saw anything bigger than maybe a 150” 4x4. Ate the tag. Still crying about that hunt.

My wife and two boys also hunt and I like to brag on them now. She drew a muzzleloader hunt in 76 in 2022 and we backpacked in our two boys (9 and 10 at the time), and she shot a nice 300” bull.

Last year my older son turned 12 just in time for the 1st rifle season, we backpacked in 10 miles and my wife and younger son called in a nice 5x5 and he shot it at 15 yards.

This is him packing the head, back straps and heart.
IMG_1558.jpeg

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CO member.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, have been awarded the highly coveted FNG ⭐ for the day for your excellent intro and fantastic pic. (y)

P.P.S. Is your state having a complete meltdown given the ruling by SCOTUS today? :ROFLMAO:

OP
ElkTycoon

ElkTycoon

FNG
Great pic. You ever shoot at Cameo?
I’ve never shot there, I live on the front range about 45 minutes. Forth of Denver… but that’s pretty close to where have done a lot of hunting in the Grand Mesa.

I mostly shoot my rifles at the Colorado Rifle Club out in Byers (Eastern CO).

11boo

WKR
I’ve never shot there, I live on the front range about 45 minutes. Forth of Denver… but that’s pretty close to where have done a lot of hunting in the Grand Mesa.

I mostly shoot my rifles at the Colorado Rifle Club out in Byers (Eastern CO).
I’m sure it’s a good club, but next time you get out here hit me up. Great spot to shoot.

IMG_8791.jpeg

Marcjr47

FNG
Welcome! I’m so jelly of your guys rifles ranges! In the foothills of west Michigan…. Just finding a 300 yard shot is a task

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I left California to get away from all the @$$hat blue haired Karen’s and now they’re ruining this state.
You should have done better research. California filled up CO in the early/mid 90's, so by 2008 the state was already way gone left. Those northern counties used to be some of the most conservative counties in the state. Pretty sure that's mostly flip-flopped.

OP
ElkTycoon

ElkTycoon

FNG
Welcome! I’m so jelly of your guys rifles ranges! In the foothills of west Michigan…. Just finding a 300 yard shot is a task
We certainly have a lot of space out here. We have some property that we can shoot across a canyon out to about 400 yards, then hop over the back side and access 100,000 acres of BLM and shoot coyotes and rocks as far as we can see.

IMG_2742.jpegIMG_4313.jpeg

Welcome to the forums! Jealous of that property view and access to BLM. Congrats on getting your son that trophy, those antlers are also bigger than him!