FNG from CA

T&Es_DAD

FNG
First time posting, but I’ve been browsing the threads for a while. Working to get my comments and feed back built up.
Not your average Californian so don’t rag on me too hard.
Hoping to expand my knowledge and pick a few brains as I move forward.
I’ve been hunting blacktail in CA roughly 8 years. My better success has come over the last 4 years as I’ve learned a lot from the small number of hunters I surround myself with. There is always something to learn if you surround yourself with the right people!

Attachments

• IMG_2057.jpeg
    IMG_2057.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 24
Nice I did a little hunting out there when I first started while going to college in SLO. Loved the area but man did I suck at finding deer (still do). Spent some time out around Paso and some other areas in A-Zone.

As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, have earned the FNG ⭐ for the day for your stellar intro. Bravo Zulu!

First time posting, but I’ve been browsing the threads for a while. Working to get my comments and feed back built up.
Not your average Californian so don’t rag on me too hard.
Hoping to expand my knowledge and pick a few brains as I move forward.
I’ve been hunting blacktail in CA roughly 8 years. My better success has come over the last 4 years as I’ve learned a lot from the small number of hunters I surround myself with. There is always something to learn if you surround yourself with the right people!
Do you do much CA bear hunting?

Welcome. Those are some nice deer for the central coast. Not an easy place to hunt, especially on public.

Great Deer! We are starting to look into hunting CA as they seem to have a great youth program. Welcome from just over the boarder in Nevada.

Welcome to the SLID. I was just up in the King city area pig hunting last week, actually my grandson was doing the hunting, I just watch any more.. Not a blade of brown vegetation to be seen, very nice this time of year after all the rain.

Last edited:
Back