FNG from Mesa AZ

Hey all! FNG from AZ (sorta, been here since 07) still trying to get weened off the easy deer hunting I've had in Shenandoah Valley, Virginia and trying to up my spotting game in Unit 22 for Mule and Coues and for Elk in 5A (i've got quail pretty much figured out around the Saguaro area!) I've looked a couple of places and you guys are very active regarding the the gear reviews and your second hand marketplace looks to be both active and full of decent people.

Currently running:
2008 Deluxe Win. Model 70 in 270 win with a glossy Sightron SII Big Sky 3-9x42mm for rifle season (cmon I'm in O'Connor's home state)
Winchester Super-X1 12ga and a CZ Bobwhite Gen1 12ga for Quail & Dove,
Hoyt Carbon Element for Archery

Optics:
I'm pretty right eye dependent, uncorrectable in the left eye (good thing i'm right handed!)
Rifle scope above
New Diamondback HD 85mm spotter with MeFOTO carbon tripod and QE1 ballhead
Older Leupold Northfork Binos
Cabelas Intensity Monocular
Leica CRF-2400-R rangefinder

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
foxfyre841
Thanks! Seen a lot of love for Swaro and Meopta here. Since i'm practically blind in the one eye: does that affect the bino recommendation vs a spotter? (I bought the spotter because I figured I could at least give spotters a shot with the diamondback-HD line and sell it back for about what I bought it for since it's still new).

Hunting here is a lot more walking and a lot less falling asleep in the woods near a deer path!