FNG from NC

Hello all, new here to the form. I joined this group to gain more experience from others. I mostly deer hunt but have done the occasional water fowl hunting. I plan on moving out west hopefully sometime as NC seems very vague and boring to me but that might be because I’ve lived here all my life. Last summer I visited Arizona and that’s where I would eventually like to reside. I’ve always been interested in the “stalk and hunt” aspect and the desert terrain seems well suited for that. NC mostly has thick cover so in some woods you can’t see what’s 40yrds in front of you. Anyways, looking forward to learning more!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. Go west young man, go west. I grew up in Va. Beach (close enough to NC IMO) and been here for 16 years and really like it as long as you can handle 110F for four months, but the upside is you get almost perfect weather for the remaining eight months.

OP
W
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. Go west young man, go west. I grew up in Va. Beach (close enough to NC IMO) and been here for 16 years and really like it as long as you can handle 110F for four months, but the upside is you get almost perfect weather for the remaining eight months.
Thank you sir! Scottsdale, AZ is exactly where I would like to move to. I actually applied to a few jobs in the area yesterday. I like the heat better than I do the cold. Do you get to do much hunting yourself?

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Thank you sir! Scottsdale, AZ is exactly where I would like to move to. I actually applied to a few jobs in the area yesterday. I like the heat better than I do the cold. Do you get to do much hunting yourself?
PM me at your convenience and I'll be glad to pass along what info I can.

I applied for my first elk tag in 2019 and drew for the next 3 years but did not take an elk. I went with high % draws as I really wanted a chance to learn what I could since I'm a true noobie on the elk front.

Eddie

OP
W
PM me at your convenience and I'll be glad to pass along what info I can.

I applied for my first elk tag in 2019 and drew for the next 3 years but did not take an elk. I went with high % draws as I really wanted a chance to learn what I could since I'm a true noobie on the elk front.

Eddie
Not sure if I can PM on here because I just joined today and haven’t payed for the version to skip pass the wait.