FNG from St. Louis,

Rwill

FNG
Hey Rockslide, Im excited to have found this site. I am planning my first DIY backpack western hunt for this fall and have been having fun compiling all the gear and learning. Been armchair hunting for a while now and watching Luke and Remi go on all these crazy adventures and just gotta get out there. Have been having a hard time finding any like minded folks in the area that want to do other than whitetail stuff, don't get me wrong I love our deer and turkeys out here in the midwest, but i can't think of anything cooler than a bull elk screaming in dark timber. Thanks for this site and I can't wait to get more involved with you guys who are living my dream.

Hardway

FNG
Welcome, I work in St. Peters and Live next to the State Park and Kessler Wildlife Area north of Troy.

OP
R

Rwill

FNG
What is Kessler like? I have hunted a couple CAs around the area, and after fighting off the crowds and all the jack-legs that don't know what they're doing definatly felt like I was wasting my time. But hey, any time in the woods is time Im willing to spend.

OP
R

Rwill

FNG
you in Jeff-Co? I have some family in Hillsboro, i hunt out there when ever i can, small piece of land but have seen alot of deer out there.

OP
R

Rwill

FNG
Oh Man! Work take you up there or following dreams? I hope to just get up there and see it one day. Big Buck, Big muley, big pronger, big bull.. then its all my efforts pointed up there for a bear and caribu. If i make it down that list, I feel like id be able to say.... huh Ive done some stuff. happy camper then.

Whodat78

FNG
Work brought my wife up and I tagged along :) I am working on the slope now. Three weeks on/three weeks off is the ideal schedule for planning hunting and fishing trips up here. Good luck on your quest, a haul road bou hunt is a lot of fun!

OP
R

Rwill

FNG
Well hopefully you still get some cards games up there, if you miss Provel pizza or toasted Ravs let me know id be happy to ship you some of St. Louis's finest!!

Jdog

WKR
Rwill - welcome. I live over in Ofallon IL. Shoot me a note sometime if you want to chat.

Done it all from AK to out west.

Dog

Whodat78

FNG
We do miss Imos up here but it makes it all that much sweeter when we get home. Let me know if you ever need help planning a trip up this way, I will give you all the info that I can!