FNG from the Kenai Peninsula, AK

dagun2191

FNG
Hey all! First time joining, been an occasional lurker until my buddy convinced me to join.
Originally from Indiana, moved up to Alaska in 2021. After retiring in 2020 from LE we decided we needed new surroundings. Came up for a visit at the end of February ‘21, moved here in June ‘21.
Researching gear, rivers, GMUs, what does and doesn't work, etc. in this big ass state isn’t easy. My buddy said this is the place to get real world, unapologetic advice. Sounds perfect to me.
A few pics of what AK has to offer - Small brown bear (guesstimated to be 3 years old and 400 pounds) taken in the fall of ‘22 due to it being a nuisance to my friend’s family farm while he was away at moose camp. A couple tanners caught in February ‘23. Nothing like fishing the Kenai River for reds (sockeye) during the summer. Still in the learning phase and always will be on the how-tos and how-not-tos of hunting/fishing this beautiful country. I mean state!

Attachments

• IMG_6601.jpeg
    IMG_6601.jpeg
    683.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7351.jpeg
    IMG_7351.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 38

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new AK member.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, get the FNG ⭐ for today for an excellent intro with even better pix. (y)

OP
dagun2191

dagun2191

FNG
Welcome pal! I just moved up to Alaska and it sure is a big ass state!
Yessir! Welcome to the best country, er I mean state, in the world!
When you drive for 12 hours and you’re still not at the border, you know it’s BIG!!
Where’d you move in from and what area are you in now?

22lr

WKR
Welcome, from another lost Hoosier that spent 4yrs up there! Should be able to return in a few more.