FNG from WA

CoachPat

FNG
Classified Approved
Finally signed up w/ Rokslide. Greatly appreciate all the content on the site and I've benefited for many years, hopefully over time I can pay that forward. Live in Enumclaw, have a day job, 3 kids, coach sports and my home hunting grounds are a lofty 15% success rate on deer---fortunate enough to know the guys who are punching tags every year and have learned a lot from them. I could write a book on learning the hard way from 20 years of screw ups. Typically take one out of state hunt per year in addition to hunting WA. Hope some of you got lucky in the WA draw this year 🍀 (I did not).

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Welcome. I'm just down the road near Maple Valley. Drew a cow tag for Eastern WA, first of any tag I've drawn in 7 years.

Welcome from a native Washingtonian. Don’t worry about the draw, none of us will ever draw anything premium when they have already dropped all the tag numbers to 1 tag per hunt code.

Nothing like ground pounding wet rainforest where elk success rates hover around 5% to teach patience!

OP
CoachPat

CoachPat

FNG
Classified Approved
Welcome. I'm just down the road near Maple Valley. Drew a cow tag for Eastern WA, first of any tag I've drawn in 7 years.
congrats! enjoy them when you get them! one of my buddies kids drew a good bull tag on the West side, his other kid had it year prior...heres hoping that kind of luck comes around at some point!

OP
CoachPat

CoachPat

FNG
Classified Approved
Welcome from a native Washingtonian. Don’t worry about the draw, none of us will ever draw anything premium when they have already dropped all the tag numbers to 1 tag per hunt code.

Nothing like ground pounding wet rainforest where elk success rates hover around 5% to teach patience!
truth!! builds character and when I get out to the rockies even the "down" units are a nice change of pace. And being able to see more than 15 yds

OP
CoachPat

CoachPat

FNG
Classified Approved
HI there from the east side. I drew my second choice for quality deer, it only took 16 points lol
16!!! Damn, congrats! hopefully its worth the wait and treats you well

Bachto

WKR
16!!! Damn, congrats! hopefully its worth the wait and treats you well
Lol we will see, I got tired of never drawing and put in for an easier tag to draw than I have been in the past. It's a blue mountains mule deer tag in November, should be an interesting hunt for sure.