FNG Western Colorado

J_hol

Lil-Rokslider
Hie Everyone,

I was born and raised in Western Colorado. I have been hunting here successfully my whole life, but have recently started applying out of state to see more country. Just pulled a Montana General Archery Elk tag that I'm super pumped about, so I figured it might be a good idea to glean a few shortcuts from your community as I start to branch out.

I will admit that I generally avoid forums for the usual reason some people avoid forums, but Rokslide seems different.

Cheers!

J_hol

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome J. Funny your heading out to montana and I'm heading out to your stomping grounds in 66. I've hunted the Montana Missouri breaks a couple times beautiful country

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
J_hol

J_hol

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome J. Funny your heading out to montana and I'm heading out to your stomping grounds in 66. I've hunted the Montana Missouri breaks a couple times beautiful country

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I love that area, one of my favorite places on earth. Unfortunately I'm in points hell in CO and won't be back in there for a few seasons (hence the MT hunt).

Cheers!

Last edited:

416mag

FNG
We used to go out to Gunnison a lot, and hunted 55 as well for a few seasons. Even had a relative back in the 1880s that was killed there in town. Now with a new lil one, not sure when we will get back out that way.