Foot growth with age

When I was in my 20’s my foot was a 10 1/2 C width with a very high arch. I dropped a lot of coin on a pair of Whites packers. I wore a couple of soles out and had them rebuilt. Then, all of a sudden they were a little short.

I started wearing mountaineering boots and bought a couple pairs of Lowas, now in a 12. At 40, all of a sudden these are too short.

I move up to a 13 and this lasts until this last season. All of a sudden I can’t wear my heavy socks with my Hoffman’s anymore. My middle toes were a little cramped and this was causing a LOT of pain.

Last night the old Hoffman’s got retired and I left the store with a size 14 Explorer :eek:

Anyone else had arches flatten like this over time?

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
Have you gained weight? I would strengthen your arches if they are flattening out

OP
Jason Snyder
Have you gained weight? I would strengthen your arches if they are flattening out
I’ve never been heavier than 215, I’m 198 ish right now.

Plenty of hill climbing and stuff. I don’t think it’s a weak arch. I lift in minimalist shoes several times a week. They aren’t as high as they used to be. Way back in the day when I did the wet foot arch test there was only a very narrow strip between heel and forefoot.

chindits

WKR
Yup, seems like every year

I didn’t know I had flat feet until a physical therapist pointed it out. Least of my concerns, but I do wonder if it’s why my lateral toes always seem on the edge of my boots while there is plenty of room between my big toe and the edge of my boots.