Football fans???

CorbLand

WKR
Lions were 80% on 4th and 3 or shorter going into yesterday. Reynolds is as sure handed as they come and happened to drop two passes he probably catches 8-9/10 times. Kicker is solid, but let’s not forget he didn’t even make the squad until week 16, wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire this year.

Gibbs goes the wrong way resulting in a bad exchange and ultimately the fumble, uncharacteristic. Vildor is not a starting level CB for the league and couldn’t catch a cold. Sutton is only marginally better, right now anyways. Unfortunately the weakness of the defense was going to give the 49ers a chance for a huge half through the air, and they capitalized.

The aggressiveness of Campbell also won them multiple games this year. Everyone loved him for that. He 100% made the right call on both plays, it just wasn’t executed.

Let’s also not act like they don’t have one of the best GMs in the league right now either and a ton of young talent. Detroit isn’t going anywhere.
Thats the way it always goes. Its a damned if you do, damned if you dont. Everyone will blame those two decisions while ignoring that sometimes those same decision got them to where they were.

Last edited:

hoff1ck

WKR
Ironically, the one 4th down they should have gone for it on was at the end of the 1st half. They had momentum, should have throat punched the 9ers and scored the TD and gone in to half up 28-7. Would have set a better tone IMO. Oh well. Good season for Detroit in any event.
It wouldn’t have hurt my feelings to see them go for that one either, but I understand the thought process to kick it there too. Granted, given the quick swing of momentum in the second half anyways it probably didn’t matter.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As a Chiefs fan I’d love to see him catch Tom. Think Tom put it out of reach with the last two though, even if Mahomes does get this one. What stings the most is the Chiefs could’ve taken those two from Tom. Dee Ford lines up offsides on a game sealing INT in the ‘19 game and then the complete sh*tshow of an offensive line in the Bucs Super Bowl.
Let's not talk what-ifs or he might have nine. :ROFLMAO:

The Tyree Velcro helmet catch????? The Houdini sack escape by Eli????

I've blocked out the other Giants SB win. 😭

Eddie

LostArra

WKR
Chiefs open as a 2.5 pt dog. Down to +1 in short order though. Mahomes is 9-3 and 10-1-1ats as a dog. Love it. If Spags’ D can hold Tua, Allen and Lamar to 13.4 points per game but loses to Brock Purdy I say Brock goes immediately into the Hall of Fame!

And I just read that 22 college athletes make more with NIL money than Purdy makes in salary.
Most of those 22 you probably have not heard of because they haven't done anything except negotiate well. The real kicker is #1 on the NIL list is Labron's son! He probably needs the money.

The Lions winning the NFC would have made for a great story, though no way they would have beaten the Chiefs in a Superbowl matchup. 49ers-Chiefs is a very intriguing match-up and will make for a great story if the niners can pull it off (the rise of Brock Purdy, aka “Mr Irrelevant"). Either which way, I’m just hoping the Jags can get their act together and make a run next year.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
49ers, We are going to the Super Bowl…..

I looked at tix for my wife and I- $7500 for tix to a football game, WTH? So essentially $10k ….forget it….i can get a pretty good hunt for that.
Where are you finding a pair for $7500? Cheapest on stub hub right now are about $7K apiece. And that's without their fees piled on.

Last edited:
Jags fan here too Overland. Can't figure out the collapse at end of season, other than TL' s injuries. Hope they get better but Stroud in the division is going to hurt for awhile!
I love the nfl and can't hate on the chiefs' dominance lately. Looking forward to a good super bowl . Also looking forward to season being over so I don't stare at TV so much.

Beendare

WKR
Where are you finding a pair for $7500? Cheapest on stub hub right now are about $7K apiece. And that's without their fees piled on.
I went on Ticketmaster right after the game. Gone now, prices rocketed up shortly after.
Lets see….a guided moose hunt in Canada…or one football game just to say you were there….easy call.

jmez

WKR
$7k for a football ticket. And people wonder why we are in a financial crisis.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Jags fan here too Overland. Can't figure out the collapse at end of season, other than TL' s injuries. Hope they get better but Stroud in the division is going to hurt for awhile!
I love the nfl and can't hate on the chiefs' dominance lately. Looking forward to a good super bowl . Also looking forward to season being over so I don't stare at TV so much.
Awesome! Hopefully the new coaching staff changes will turn things around for the better. They need to take care of Trevor and Josh long-term, have a decent draft this year at some key positions, and get everyone else healthy, because Stroud and company will indeed be a force to be reckoned with for many years. Here's to 2024!

I can’t stand kelce and his department store mannequin looking girlfriend.

Really hoped the Lions could pull it off.
This reminds me of what girls in high school used to say about Britney Spears. Something along the lines of, "Ugh, she's so fake. Ew!" I don't care if she looks fake, hot is hot and I'm a man and I dig it. So Taylor Swift is juuuuuust fine in my book. Mannequin-looking and all, sign me up. Dear wife, if you're on Rokslide, this is all a joke and I love you.

As far as the superbowl goes, I guess I'll cheer for the 49ers.

pirogue

WKR
I can’t stand kelce and his department store mannequin looking girlfriend.

Really hoped the Lions could pull it off.

Makes you wonder what the marketing strategy of the TV networks are for this Super Bowl. They’re probably going to sell some commercial time now, based on a new audience tuning in just to see Taylor Swift.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Some really good story lines in this game like the NFL's best QB vs. Mr. Irrelevant.

Two excellent defenses facing off.

The Chiefs going for back-to-back wins. The greatest QB to ever play was leading the last team to do that.

and a few others.

Should be a fun game if you love football.

Eddie

AKDoc

WKR
Happy Super Bowl Sunday to everyone, LETS GO NINERS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took the Chiefs and the points in my pool...sorry TB.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing the 49'ers win. They had a pretty solid season.