Found rifle

jimh406

WKR
Very nice of you. I posted a link to this post in Hunting Montana FB group. It should show up if the post is approved by the admins.

OP
Rdoehne

Rdoehne

FNG
Very nice of you. I posted a link to this post in Hunting Montana FB group. It should show up if the post is approved by the admins.
Thank you. I joined a couple of the local groups from the area we were in and also have contacted a few of the local people there to get the word out. Also have a few other things we are working to get the rifle back to the owner.

jayhawk

WKR
Ouch I bet that ended the hunt pretty quick. Glad you’re trying to get it back to its owner

wyogoat

WKR
I worked at a sporting goods store in Colorado after college and sold 2 or 3 guns one season to people who lost their rifle. All were camo and they said they set them down and wandered off and couldn’t find it.
I remember one was a camo stock blackpowder rifle but can’t remember the other(s).

OP
Rdoehne

Rdoehne

FNG
LOL ....

Afraid to describe the rifle I might have lost to this crowd ...

But give me a shout anyway.

LOL ....

Afraid to describe the rifle I might have lost to this crowd ...

But give me a shout anyway.
I have no idea how to send a private message so get ahold of me. The fact that you don’t what to describe what you lost makes me hopeful that this is yours.

OP
Rdoehne

Rdoehne

FNG
Years ago my friend lost a shotgun bird hunting, leaned it up against a tree, loaded the dogs and got in his truck and drove home.
I would say that is pretty close to what happened here

I’m aware of a few events where folks leaned their rifle up on a tree, fence, the bumper, ect.., Then stood around talking and then loaded up and drove away. In a few cases they drove back and the gun was still there.

Fatcamp

WKR
Years ago we found a nice Mossberg turkey gun in a parking spot by where we were taking the horses to ride.

I had my wife turn it into the local Sherrifs office. Told us 90 days and it was ours. On the 89th day the guy called in and asked about it. Sucks, it was a nice gun. 😕

ETA: Gun was left with a round in the chamber and a full tube. Laying in the gravel.

Wrestling with pack horses and packs, simultaneously fighting with girlfriend. Snowing hard and feeling rushed to get out of there before the road got bad. Very very distracted…. I leaned my rifle on a tree and walked the pack horses down to the trailhead. Had to walk 45 minutes back up the trail to retrieve it. 1-1/2 hr round trip did not help the road conditions but we got out ok. Relationship however did not really survive that trip.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Wrestling with pack horses and packs, simultaneously fighting with girlfriend. Snowing hard and feeling rushed to get out of there before the road got bad. Very very distracted…. I leaned my rifle on a tree and walked the pack horses down to the trailhead. Had to walk 45 minutes back up the trail to retrieve it. 1-1/2 hr round trip did not help the road conditions but we got out ok. Relationship however did not really survive that trip.

"I'd Rather Have The Rifle Than The Girl" ....

Memory's a little fuzzy on that, but I believe that's Luther Vandross around 2007 or so ...