Found some primers

tony

WKR
I picked these up today, 2 boxes each @ $8.99 each.
I have wanted reload for my 45/70 and have one of the Lee classic kits for it.

If the scare is over, I might pick up a kit and get started for my other rifles.
Will these pictured work for the 45/70, 270 and 6.5 CM? That’s what I own now.
IMG_0870.jpeg

Yep they will work in all three. the 6.5 calls for a magnum primer in most cases. I would use the WLR primers in the 6.5 The WLR primers tend to be a little hotter.

Shop had I believe 9.5 magnum primers Remington. Would those work?
I wish I had bought more, there was no limit.

Shop had I believe 9.5 magnum primers Remington. Would those work?
I wish I had bought more, there was no limit.
They will work but there's no real reason to use magnum primers on those rounds if you have access to the standard primers.

Lee loaders are real good for straight wall cases but bottleneck cases it only neck sizes so less case life.
you still need to watch case length and a simple Lee case hand trimmer will suffice unless you shoot a lot.
i mostly use mag primers but I use more ball powder and I want reloads to work in the winter severe cold. -30° to -40° can see bullets dribble out the end of the barrel.

I’d also be curious about using magnum large rifle primers in 6.5 Creedmoor, my reloads have done quite well with standard LR primers.

Lee loaders are real good for straight wall cases but bottleneck cases it only neck sizes so less case life.
you still need to watch case length and a simple Lee case hand trimmer will suffice unless you shoot a lot.
i mostly use mag primers but I use more ball powder and I want reloads to work in the winter severe cold. -30° to -40° can see bullets dribble out the end of the barrel.
Holy shit, where are you hunting that it's -30 deg to -40 deg? Maybe stay inside and knit on those days, eh?

Holy shit, where are you hunting that it's -30 deg to -40 deg? Maybe stay inside and knit on those days, eh?
😆 depends on how hungry you are or predator hunting.
Mostly just want to be certain revolvers and at least one rifle will work if needed in the worst of conditions here.

I bought a case trimmer, digital scale, funnel and calipers some time ago. Primers were the hold up.
I'd like to buy a decent reloading set for the other rifles and pistols I own.

Lee also makes full length sizing dies.

6.5 creedmoor absolutely does NOT require a magnum primer. That has to be the dumbest thing I've seen on the internet today.

Back