From the field, north Idaho warning ⚠️

Wrench

WKR
I'm send this from a mountain top in the Joe. Yesterday we had extreme damaging winds. I had 30 trees come down within eyesight of me yesterday. Roads and trails are blown shut. It looks like a war zone.

If you have family in area, I hope you did as well as I in weathering the storm.

I have no follow ups....I'm climbing off this mountain and killing some elk.

It was off the hook until yesterday.

If the crew of 3 that I ran into....tw200 with a longbow, I made it, but you won't recognize the area.....it's destroyed.

Back in two weeks.

Clarence

WKR
Thanks for the information Wrench. These updates are helpful to this community. Been watching the weather from at home, and praying everyone is staying safe out there. Sounds like it's been been a few rowdy days in the Rockies.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I went to tie down a trampoline in the yard and end up getting caught in the first initial wind burst. It was honestly terrifying as the dog and I were running into the house for cover. The trampoline is 50 yards away and a bunch of neighbors trees are down.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I came off the mountain yesterday because of that very thing, high winds and trees going everywhere. I don't need an elk that bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Damn. I've been through that a couple of times. Spooky stuff when the tree tops are snapping off all around.

Glad you're safe.

Jeremy

ID_Matt

WKR
I was on a mountain in central Idaho when that wind hit. One of the more scared times I have ever had in the woods. Trees breaking all around me. I practically sprinted down the hill to get back to my bike, which then was 5 miles from the trailhead. When I came back in the morning I counted 7 trees down across the trail. Didn't have much luck with the elk so I spent the afternoon clearing those trees off the trail.

mcr-85

WKR
This is in southern utah, not idaho. My buddy was chasing elk yesterday. He came back to his pickup looking like this.
a0be5e30c0280a8d6826f7fe37f14c82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Vandal 44

WKR
North Eastern Washington and North Idaho (Kellogg, ID) got hammered by the winds. I went back home for the day and went back to hunt Tuesday, I am glad I brought my chainsaw. I hope everyone came out of this mess, MCR-85 sorry to see your truck get smashed.

It was wild. I thought my tent and stove were going to come down on top of me. Thankfully, they held, but I didn’t sleep at all. I came down off the mountain last night, and had to chainsaw through two different fallen trees to get home.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
I am impressed to find a spot with service! The trail to my favorite spot is impassible. The good news is I found another herd to mess with.

I hope all the guys packed in around me have plenty of saw gas. There are TONS of widowmakers too, trees that hung up on the way down.....pay attention. I damn near set up under one.

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
The Oregon coast saw the same storm and East winds. Trees down everywhere, countless small fires created by trees knocking down power lines. It's crazy. The State is burning up after these winds came through. Got a couple serious fires locally on the coast threatening towns and many homes. State is out of resources. Loggers are banding together to do what they can to stop the spread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcr-85

WKR
North Eastern Washington and North Idaho (Kellogg, ID) got hammered by the winds. I went back home for the day and went back to hunt Tuesday, I am glad I brought my chainsaw. I hope everyone came out of this mess, MCR-85 sorry to see your truck get smashed.
Not my truck, it's my buddy's. My truck was safe and sound in the parking lot at work

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Finch

WKR
Kind of a related question. Do a lot of you guys bring a chainsaw with you in case you encounter a random tree down across the road? I was contemplating on bringing my battery powered chainsaw (smaller than my stihl) just as an extra precaution. This thread has helped me make up my mind.

Finch

WKR
I would Definitely bring your chainsaw. Windstorm or snow load can bring a tree down any time.

Definitely not hoping for snow the last week of Sept but this week has opened my eyes. :)