Fun hunt

I haven’t been out as much as I would like. Truck just got out of the shop so I figured I would go make a few stands.

I got a late start but oh well. First stand I call in 5 dogs. I try getting fancy by killing 2 with one shot. Of course I miss both. I work the bolt and knock one down, swing on another. Click. (Dang 22-250 no loading pos) Cycle again and kill a second dog. Ended with a double. Second stand 4 dogs running in but 1 way out in front. I kill the lead dog then kill the next at about 350 yards.

At this point I decided I would continue hunting. Dogs were responding pretty well. I wasn’t hunting what I consider great stands. Visibility is low, some were new, some weren’t great for the wind, etc.

Most stands were pretty lively. I blanked on 3/10 stands. One I missed, one the dogs came in from the other side of where I parked the truck and spooked, and the third blank I only saw 1 dog and it stayed way far downwind.

I couldn’t find two dogs and missed 3 total that should have been gimmes. Overall it was a good hunt.

Most of the blood is from laying in an ice sled. I decided to try it out to keep the bed from being covered and it worked pretty good.

0E6D1679-DF64-43B7-AFC8-4C634A59B835.jpeg

Bullet wise I’ve been using the 52 Berger Match this year in my 22-250. In the past I killed a lot of dogs with 50 Vmax and 52 ELD m out of the same rifle.

The short version is the Berger does way less damage but also kills slower on some shots.

Example. I shot a big male at 50 yards. Hit the shoulder and it spun for 20 seconds. I expected a giant entrance and no exit. (Splash) instead it had like a 1” entrance and zero exit.

If that would have been the Vmax or ELDm it would have died instantly and had a giant entrance from my experience.

Nice Job, too bad prices are still $hit. I know I've asked you this before, but can you send me a link of that remote holder you're attaching to the tripod.

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like a blast! Could've used a second shooter!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

OP
dirtytough
Nice Job, too bad prices are still $hit. I know I've asked you this before, but can you send me a link of that remote holder you're attaching to the tripod.
I believe this is the one. I have used a holder just like it except it uses a magnet and you stick a steel plate to the back of the remote.

Looks like a blast! Could've used a second shooter!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
I was thinking that the very first stand when 5 dogs start running in. I will say I kill more dogs solo than I do with a partner/partners. Even when I hunt with better hunters/shooters. Just knowing coyotes a little helps a lot.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice! Those are some good looking coyotes. That would have been a pretty good payday a couple years ago.