Garmin Xero C1 vs LabRadar Side by Side Tunnel Testing

So I did some load development today in the 100yd tunnel (shooting for groups, not velocities). I've always had issues getting solid readings, so I figured I would test the new Garmin side by side with the LabRadar. Interesting results given the big offset. The red line is outdoor Labradar single shot data.

Takeaways - Garmin missed 11 out of 50 shots. I THOUGHT the Labradar missed a few as I had some errors, but looks like it still logged believable values. Additionally, the Labradar has spurrious readings that were way off and easy to discard. So no missed shots but 3 randomly low velocities and a couple errors.

I also tried moving the Garmin around a bit with no big difference.

1698195690798.png

RadarTesting.jpgRadarTesting2.jpg
RadarTesting3.jpg

Overall I'm still going with the Garmin as it's set up and use is killer. Outdoor performance seems to favor the Garmin, but I was hoping it would excel indoors as well. I still don't really trust the LabRadar tunnel values...

TxLite

WKR
I’m far from a Doppler expert. I can spell it and I understand the very basics but that’s about it. But I feel like maybe tunnels are not great for radar usage. Maybe a magnetospeed might be a better unit for that.

OP
swavescatter
I’m far from a Doppler expert. I can spell it and I understand the very basics but that’s about it. But I feel like maybe tunnels are not great for radar usage. Maybe a magnetospeed might be a better unit for that.

Yes, it's well known that tunnels can cause issues with radars. Just testing to see if Garmin did any better. It does not.

Hnthrdr

WKR
So I did some load development today in the 100yd tunnel (shooting for groups, not velocities). I've always had issues getting solid readings, so I figured I would test the new Garmin side by side with the LabRadar. Interesting results given the big offset. The red line is outdoor Labradar single shot data.

Takeaways - Garmin missed 11 out of 50 shots. I THOUGHT the Labradar missed a few as I had some errors, but looks like it still logged believable values. Additionally, the Labradar has spurrious readings that were way off and easy to discard. So no missed shots but 3 randomly low velocities and a couple errors.

I also tried moving the Garmin around a bit with no big difference.

View attachment 618139

View attachment 618136View attachment 618137
View attachment 618138

Overall I'm still going with the Garmin as it's set up and use is killer. Outdoor performance seems to favor the Garmin, but I was hoping it would excel indoors as well. I still don't really trust the LabRadar tunnel values...
Do you have a 100 yard tunnel in your house? If so bravo sir! Bravo!