Georgia FNG

Hi Roksliders,

I posted in the firearms thread yesterday, very much appreciate those of you who helped steer me in the right direction.

I am a Georgia resident originally from Oregon, adult-onset hunter. Work as an attorney and coach high school football. Christian family, married with two kids, one biological and one adopted in August 2023 (which really killed my hunting this past fall, haha).

I am decent with a fly rod but relatively green when it comes to hunting and shooting. Looking forward to learning and diving in. Already learned a ton as a lurker. There's an absolute wealth of knowledge on this forum!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new GA member.

Eddie

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Roksliders,

I posted in the firearms thread yesterday, very much appreciate those of you who helped steer me in the right direction.

I am a Georgia resident originally from Oregon, adult-onset hunter. Work as an attorney and coach high school football. Christian family, married with two kids, one biological and one adopted in August 2023 (which really killed my hunting this past fall, haha).

I am decent with a fly rod but relatively green when it comes to hunting and shooting. Looking forward to learning and diving in. Already learned a ton as a lurker. There's an absolute wealth of knowledge on this forum!
Welcome! What part of Georgia?

OP
W
I'm in Rabun County if you ever want to meet up for some trout fishing or hunting.
Now that's where I need to live, haha. Love it up there.

I have a few more days until my account permissions will allow me to send PMs, but definitely expect one. Appreciate it!

IdahoBeav

WKR
Welcome, from a fellow former Oregonian.

I really liked GA when I visited there a few years ago. That ballpark you guys have out there is nice. I'm kicking around an idea to take my dad to GA for a private land whitetail and hog trip in the next few years. I'm still researching it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
W
Welcome, from a fellow former Oregonian.

I really liked GA when I visited there a few years ago. That ballpark you guys have out there is nice. I'm kicking around an idea to take my dad to GA for a private land whitetail and hog trip in the next few years. I'm still researching it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Certainly plenty of options to choose from! I like to do a private land hog hunt every year, pretty close to guaranteed meat. That said, not sure it will happen this year.